Evolence Lip Injections Look Uneven

Could I repair my uneven lips with Juvederm if I had my lips filled with Evolence? If I would like to switch to Juvederm, how long would I have to wait?

I have lumps from Evolence treatment a month ago and my lips look uneven. I want to repair my lips with Juvederm. I am not sure if it will be alright to use a different filler this time. Any advice you can give me is appreciated.

Evolence Should Not Be Injected in the Lips

+3

Hi Krystal,

I am sorry that you have suffered from an injector who has used Evolence in an area where it should not be used.

Evolence is not to be used in the lips. Physicians who are trained in Evolence injections (and they must be before the company will sell them the product) are told over and over again during training that Evolence should never be used in the lips because of the lumps that result as in your case.

There should be no adverse reaction if Juvederm is added to try to smooth things out. I would also advise you to choose your injecting physician most carefully in the future.

I hope that all goes well for you.

Dr. P

Evolence not meant for lip augmentation

+2

While Evolence is great for nasolabial folds, it is not advisable to use it for lip augmentation. Any nodularity from Evolence should subside overtime and switching to Juvederm or Restylane in the future should be fine and is advisable.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Fillers_for_Wrinkles.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Switching from Evolence to Juvederm

+2

You ought to discuss this question with the physician who injected your filler. I prefer not to inject anything other than hyaluronic acid fillers into the lips. One nice feature about Juvederm is that it is more forgiving. It is easier to mold and manually shape the Juvederm material after injection and it can also be dissolved with hyaluronidase if needed. The lumps from Evolence may last up to a year or longer. You can try massaging the lumps out. I am not aware of any negative interactions between Evolence and Juvederm when they are mixed together. Adding a small volume of Juvederm to even out your lips seems reasonable.

San Diego Dermatologist

Careful use of Juvederm should be OK

+2

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Evolence, derilved from pig collagen, can be tricky to use in the lip. It does not smooth out as well as the hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane. It is a little more prone to leave bumps and fro that reason would not be my choice for the lip.

With that said, and since Evolence has already made a home in your lips, I believe Juvederm could be added to make your lips smoother and more even looking. However, the physician should procede with caution to ensure that you not end up with "sausage lips".

The two products are perfectly compatible. Realize that the dermis basically contains collagen which acts as a scaffolding and hyaluronic acid wlhich fills in the empty spaces.

Good luck.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist