How to Fix Uneven Lips After Juvederm?

Due to wrinkles around my mouth, I had Juvederm filler by a "competent" dermatologist.

Now, one side of my upper lip is narrower than the other and the area around my bottom lip is awful. It has several "pouches" about the size of small pea, which are soft to the touch.

The doctor said, "I've done a lot of fillers and I've never seen this before--there's nothing I can do." HELP! Thanks.

There are options to improve Juvederm result

+1

Small lumps or bumps from hyaluronic acid filler injection can usually be massaged out over a few days of gentle but firm massage. As far as the asymmetry that is present in your upper lip...the options are add more Juvederm to the side that is thin or use hyaluronidase (an enzyme that dissolves the Juvederm) on the fuller side. Both "touch-ups" are easy to do and would likely address your concerns. It is unacceptable to tell a patient there is nothing that can be done when there clearly are good options for improvement. Usually, a statement like this is made with either lack of knowledge or lack of experience.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing uneven lips

+1

Since Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid just like restylane or perlane, an experienced injector can safely use hyaluronidase to dissolve all or some of the filler that was injected. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon