Uneven Lips, How Can I Achieve Plump Without Duck Lips? (photo)

I have uneven lips (especially the top lip which appears kind of droopy) which I would like to even out/make more aesthetically pleasing using fillers. I would also like to plump the bottom lip a little. How would I achieve this without getting duck lips?

Lip augmentation with filler

+1

When performed properly, a conservative lip augmentation can yield a fantastic result. It is possible to make a subtle change that will not result in "duck lips." In general, I prefer to use Juvederm for lip augmentations. It is very soft, and yields a great looking and natural result. When having treatment with filler, it is best to seek the advice of a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon. They are all great choices. It is important to establish good communication and let your physician know what goals you are looking to achieve with the procedure. This will help ensure you obtain a great result that you are happy with. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Lip injection techniques

+1

Juvederm, Restylane or Belotero are hyaluronic acid fillers and are the best options for lip augmentation. They are used to increase or replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and create a more youthful curl, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. When the lips are correctly injected, you should not have "duck lips". Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Avoid over injection of lip border

+1

"Duck lips" can be caused by over augmentation of the white roll of the lip. The white roll is the portion of the lip between border of the red lip and the "white" lip. It's where you would put lip liner. In aged lips, this roll can look a bit flat and thus benefit from injection along the roll. With your youthful lips, you don't need much--if any--augmentation here. Injection should be placed more in the body of the lip.

C.W. David Chang, MD
Columbia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

+1

Your injector should be a plastic surgeon or dermatologist experienced  in lip enhancement.Talk with the doctor about your goals and how he/she plans to achieve the results.use hyaluronic acid, if you like it think of fat transfer