What Can I Do About Uneven Lipo? (photo)

I had traditional lipo 6 weeks ago and these are my results... not good. My doctor says I need to massage the scar tissue but nothing is helping. What are my options for revision? I no longer have confidence in my original doctor : (

Uneven Liposuction results.

+1

Greetings, 

I would tell you that it remains important to keep in touch with your plastic surgeon. If massage  fails to improve your appearance, and time does not improve your swelling,  I would suggest that the original operating surgeon could offer you options for your care.  4-6 months of waiting is not unreasonable to allow for healing and scar softening.

In the meantime, I would recommend continued follow-up with your surgeon to supervise massage and evaluate you for signs of improvement.

Best regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and revision

+1

It is too early to tell how your final result will be.  It may take a few more months for the swelling to subside.

What Can I Do About Uneven Lipo?

+1

At 6 weeks, there will be residual swelling and some lumpiness.  No one can tell you at this point what revision may be appropriate.  I will say that 30% of my patients are revision patients.  The revision may involve additional liposuction, fat grafting, or skin excision.  If you are going to get a revision, wait 6 months.  Then find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuctions each year and then look at the surgeon's website photo galleries to determine who delivers the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What Can I Do About Uneven Lipo

+1

Hard to give specific advice sometimes based only on a photo!

If this doesn't improve significantly over the next month or so, the best approach may be some variant of a tummy tuck, though I can't tell from the photos alone if there is enough excess tissue to accomplish this in the standard way. But there are numerous variants that will be possible. 

I would strongly recommend seeking in person second opinions, and I use the plural intentionally. Although I would hold off with any plans for surgery until at least 3 months after surgery, consultations do not need a waiting period.

Thanks for sharing your story and photos All the best.