Uneven Eyes? (photo)

So about a month or two ago I noticed my left eye was slightly misplaced compared to my right. It isnt anything crazy, but enough to notice. It seems to droop down and out compared to the right eye. About 2 years ago I got jumped and bruised up pretty bad but doctors didnt say anything about broken orbital bones after reviewing the ct scan. This hasnt always been there, and like Ive said I only noticed it about a month or two back. Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? Thx

Brow and canthus slightly lower on the left side.

+2

This is most like a "new observation" of an pre-existing problem. As others have weighed in, facial asymmetry is the norm rather than the exception. And as you eye brow is also slightly lower on the left and the eye is also slightly lower on the left, this indicates that the left eye socket size/position is slightly different than the right.

Having said that, if you are absolutely certain that this is a new development, a CT scan of the orbits with 3d reconstruction can give you the answer definitively. If there is a process in the eye socket that is causing this change, that will be visualized on the CT scan.

A consultation with a craniofacial surgeon or an Oculoplastic surgeon would be your next step if you want to pursue this further.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyes uneven after injury.

+2

Asymmetry of the eyes may be a normal variation or can occur after facial trauma. It is possible that you had a small orbital floor fracture with some orbital fat herniating into the sinus cavity below. This may result in a delayed presentation of volume loss on the injured side. It is not a serious condition and can usually be corrected with surgery. You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in facial trauma and orbital injuries. Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Eye asymmetry - how to treat

+1

It appears from the photographs that your left eye is larger and lower than your right eye.  

The human eye will tolerate an asymmetry within certain specification, but if the appearance is outside that specification, an asymmetry appears obvious.

If a patient's eye has suffered as a result of trauma, and is inset due to the eye bones inside the eye socket being broken, this is a challenging but rewarding condition to treat.  It is quite difficult, however, to obtain a perfect result, especially if the injury occurred a long time ago.

While the difference in height of the eyes is usually not treatable, there are several camouflaging techniques that can increase the perceived symmetry.

This may include slightly elevating the left lower eyelid position in your case.

In our practice, we would usually combine this with an ultrashort incision cheek lift.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/signature/usic-cheeklift/

Uneven brows

+1

Your brows are asymmetrical.  Your left brow is lower than your right.  This is not uncommon.  You would have a better chance of getting them even with an open forehead lift than an endoscopic browlift, but they still might be somewhat uneven.  It is very hard to get brows that start out uneven to be the same. Nobody notices it.  I would leave it alone.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes

+1

The truth is that all of us have one side of the face which is a little bit different than the other.  I certainly do not see anything terribly wrong here.  The left side looks a little more hollow, less full than the right.  Perhaps a filler would be beneficial.

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon