Uneven Eyes Normal Or Should I Worry?

I recently got ptosis surgery and blepharoplasty a month ago. I think, not 100% sure because I got the surgery in Korea. My eyes' swelling has gone down a significant amount, however, they are uneven. I am a smoker and a drinker, I have not drank any alcohol yet but I have started smoking about two days ago. I understand that there is still swelling and that full healing happens within 3-6 months, but I'm' just worried about having done damage. This is normal, right?

There’s much more swelling when someone is a smoker

+1

There’s much more swelling when someone is a smoker and it’s better to stop smoking or minimize it at least.  It can take up to 3 months to heal and up to 6 months in someone who’s a heavy smoker and drinker.  You should go back to your doctor once a month and make sure you’re okay.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyes uneven 1 month after upper eyelid (asian blepharoplasty) should I worry?

+1

No, asian blepharoplasty to create the upper eyelid crease entails more dissection to create the fold and removal of an additional fat layer that's absent in caucasian upper eyelids.  These factors increase the swelling and asymmetric look of the upper eyelids for up to 3-4 months.  Wait until then to worry about asymmetries.

Asymmetry is minor, and it is too early

+1

Healing takes more than one month, and minor asymmetry can persist for over one month, but although that is not a very good photo, you look pretty symmetric. Minor asymmetry is probably the commonest complication after Asian blepharoplasty, but I think you will probably have a nice result. Be patient. I don't know who your surgeon was but there are some excellent surgeons in Korea.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon