Are Uneven Eyes Normal After Blepharoplasty?

I had it done almost two months ago. It does not look very even to me at all. The doctor said it was because my eyes were naturally a little bit uneven. But it was barely uneven to the point that people could notice it. Now it bothers me to look at my eyes. Could someone tell me what went wrong and what I should do about it?

Asymmetry after blepharoplasty

+1

It is not unusual to have some asymmetry in eyelid position or appearance in the first few days after blepharoplasty, and this usually resolves with time. However, if there is associated ptosis, which is a functional issue related to eyelid muscles, this needs to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon for correction.

Blepharoplasty vs Ptosis surgery

+1

Blepharoplasty removed skin (+/_ fat) from the upper eyelid.  Your photo also shows that you likely have right upper eyelid ptosis (droopy).  That requires a different surgical procedure (ptosis surgery with advancement of the muscle that lifts the eyelid).  An oculoplastic consult will determine exactly what's needed and what can be done.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon