I have uneven eyes, my left eye is smaller and irritates me. Can you help? (Photo)
10 months ago
When I was 13 I would get pink eye on my left eye every 3-4 months. I'm 18 now and I never get that pink eye. But, my left eye still irritates/is WAY smaller too! I thought maybe my face is just asymmetrical.. But it hurts too! Mom thinks maybe its a nerve issue. You see I had this habit of sucking my left thumb 24/7 when I was a kid. She thinks maybe its because of that. I'm about to see a doctor on Thursday but I am hoping RealSelf helps me first and prepares me for whats coming. A surgery?
Doctor Answers (3)
Difficult to tell without examining you but it appears you have mild left upper lid ptosis and perhaps chronic blepharitis/styes? See an oculoplastic specialist.
Nothing replaces an actual examination, but it does look like you have ptosis which can be corrected surgically in most cases. Good luck.
- At first glance, the photos look like normal asymmetry.
- But your left left eye is not in line with the Right - it is moved inward and it appears slightly droopy (ptotic).
- I doubt this is related to thumb sucking in the past.
- But you are right to have it evaluated.
- There are many possible causes. Treatment will depend on diagnosis.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.