I have uneven eyes, my left eye is smaller and irritates me. Can you help? (Photo)
When I was 13 I would get pink eye on my left eye every 3-4 months. I'm 18 now and I never get that pink eye. But, my left eye still irritates/is WAY smaller too! I thought maybe my face is just asymmetrical.. But it hurts too! Mom thinks maybe its a nerve issue. You see I had this habit of sucking my left thumb 24/7 when I was a kid. She thinks maybe its because of that. I'm about to see a doctor on Thursday but I am hoping RealSelf helps me first and prepares me for whats coming. A surgery?
Doctor Answers 3
Get personal exam
Difficult to tell without examining you but it appears you have mild left upper lid ptosis and perhaps chronic blepharitis/styes? See an oculoplastic specialist.
Have a question?
Ask a doctor
I have uneven eyes, my left eye is smaller and irritates me. Can you help?
Nothing replaces an actual examination, but it does look like you have ptosis which can be corrected surgically in most cases. Good luck.
Painful Left eye
- At first glance, the photos look like normal asymmetry.
- But your left left eye is not in line with the Right - it is moved inward and it appears slightly droopy (ptotic).
- I doubt this is related to thumb sucking in the past.
- But you are right to have it evaluated.
- There are many possible causes. Treatment will depend on diagnosis.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.