Uneven Eyes After Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I had my eyes done just 7 days ago, to remove fat + skin and I'm really happy with the result on the left eye (green circle), however it is very uneven with the right eye (red circle) which seems to have more fat left and the globe is smaller than on the left + it feels heavier. I asked for a bigger globe (a little hollow) as I like that look. The doctor said I still had a lot of swelling on the scar. Is this normal? And do you think the right will begin to look more symetrical to the left?

Uneven Eyes After Blepharoplasty?

+1

Just one week following surgery, swelling will play a role in the way that the eyelids appear and the relative symmetry.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetry at seven days after eyelid surgery is no cause for concern.

+1

Asymmetric healing is the rule rather than the exception after eyelid surgery. Be patient and allow the swelling to subside before making any pronouncements.

You had left upper eyelid ptosis before surgery.

+1

You have left upper eyelid ptosis after surgery.  Unless the surgeon specifically did something to correct the left upper eyelid ptosis at the time of the eyelid surgery, this will persist after you heal.  This is why you carry your left eyebrow higher than the right.  In the before photos, both upper eyelid were droopy.  In the immediate after photos, the right eye ptosis seems improved.  The question is will this apparent improvement persist.  The other issue I have with your result, it that too much skin seems to have been left on the actual eyelid platform.  This will leave you with crepey upper eyelid skin.  Before you beat up your surgeon, heal for about two months.  If your surgeon never made comment about the upper eyelid ptosis, do not expect this surgeon to fix your upper eyelid ptosis.  This is often beyond the skills, training and experience of many eyelid surgeons.  Making them fix something they don't even know how to recognize and work up will be a big mistake.  Generally you should wait at lease 6 months before having revisional eyelid surgery.

Uneven Eyes After Blepharoplasty?

+1

A before upper lid posted photo would help compare. But you are very early in the healing phase and I really see normal anatomic variation.