1 Week Post Eyelid Surgery and Right Eye is Much More Swollen Than Left. Options? (photo)

I had upper eyelid surgery one week ago, i decided to go under this surgery cuz of too much fat on my upper eyelids.. after a week my both eyes are still swollen. But the problem is that my right eye is swollen more and looks bigger than left one=( my left eye looks almost the same like before the surgery..but my the right one is so swollen and doesn't look like is gonna improve..i think my PS removed too much fat...or just did something wrong..really concerned about that Can you give me advice.

1 Week Post Eyelid Surgery and Right Eye is Much More Swollen Than Left. Options?

+1

Of course you can and should ask the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Eyelid Surgery this question.  IMHO, it's extremely common for one eye to be more swollen than the other after eyelid surgery and I tell patients it can take up to 3 months for the upper eyelids to be fully healed.  I tell all patients to avoid strenuous activity for 1 month post-op, otherwise nothing else is required.

+1

The photos show no real difference in the lids but you are not looking straight ahead. At 1 week way to early to be so concerned. Besides there is nothing to do a this time but HEAL. 

1 week after surgery is extremely early to worry

+1

One week after surgery is very soon to start worrying. Be patient with your body as it heals. At this point, there is very little to worry about because there is no surgery to be done anyway. Wait at least 3 months before making any final decision regarding the end result of the surgery.

In general, i rarely remove fat from the upper eyelid, as removing fat may lead to hollowness. This is not a hard and fast rule, however.

Be patient

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

It is very hard to improve on perfection.

+1

I see no reason for you to have upper eyelid surgery in the before picture.  I agree with your assessment that it appears that you now have a problem in the right upper eyelid.  However, you are extremely early from the surgery and need to heal.  It is much better to assess the effect of the surgery at 2 to 3 months.  In addition to the upper eyelid asymmetry you may have other issues as a consequence of this unnecessary surgery.  TIme will hep some of these issues.  Try not to beat yourself up too much over this choice.