Uneven Eyelid After Surgery, What Do I Do?

It's been about a month since my surgery and one eyelid is higher and on the inside as the other eyelid is smaller but on the outside. Is this normal? The doctor said after a month it would be even but it's the same I asked about a revision and he would do it for free but I don't trust him. I'm thinking about removing the previous stitches, and going to another doctor. Should I get one eye revised or both? I heard getting only one eye revised is harder for doctors to make it symmetrical?

If you are not confident for your doctor's recommendations, seek additional consultation with other experts in your area.

+1

If you are not confident for your doctor's recommendations, seek additional consultation with other experts in your area.  It may well be that the other consultations confirm the recommendations that your doctor has already given you or explain other possible options.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Wow, those are profoundly significant questions to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet.

+1

You obviously trusted your surgeon enough to have eyelid surgery.  No photos or even a description of what type of eyelid surgery was performed.  One month from surgery is still a bit early to know what you have.  One really needs to get several months out from surgery.  I would encourage you to communicate with your surgeon about your concerns.  If the answers are not satisfactory, then I would consider a second or third opinion.

Uneven

+1

Depending on your actual surgery, you probably do have some asymmetry at one month post-surgery.  Consult a Board Certified Cosmetic Surgeon who specializes in Facial Surgery if you need a second opinion.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What kind of eyelid surgery?

+1

What kind of eyelid surgery did you have done? Ptosis repair?

If so, revision for ptosis is not uncommon. Even in the most skillful hands, revisions of up to %20 is not uncommon.

If you have lost confidence in your surgeon, and would like to seek a second opinion

I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon