Uneven Cheeks After Juvederm, When Will it Wear Off and Even Out Again?

Hi! I had juvederm injected in my cheeks, 1 ml in one and 0.9 ml in the other, as 0.1 was injected in my nasalabial fold. However now I have uneven cheeks and when I smile my eyes look uneven, as the fuller cheek eye looks smaller and the other eye looks bigger, I am now concerned about how the filler will wear off? is my face going to look distorted after the filler wears off?

Uneven Cheeks After Juvederm

+1

Juvederm is not permanent, lasting anywhere from 6 to 9 months in the average patient. If you prefer not to wait until it wears off, you can ask your physician (who did the injections) to inject hyaluronidase (Vitrase) into the areas which can help diminish the results of the Juvederm. I do not believe your face will look distorted after the Juvederm wears off.  In general, it is always best to go back to the physician who performed the treatment to discuss your concerns and to discuss options to correct the results.  I recommend that you do your filler work with an experienced, board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon. 

+1

Yes, the Juvederm will wear off on it's own in 6-9 months.  I prefer using Perlane or Radiesse for facial contouring or cheek augmentation with fillers.  Be certain that the MD, you select, understands and follows the proper aethetics of facial (and cheek) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.  It's not about symmetry...but all about creating the ideal, aesthetic shape.

Uneven result after Juvederm

+1

It's actually common that not the same amount of Juvederm is injected into each area. Most people don't realize it but rarely is your face totally proportionate from one side to the other. That being said, if you don't like how your Juvederm looks, you can have it easily removed, or even just some of it removed (i.e, the parts  you think are overdone) with hyaluronidase. Make sure you take some pre-photos from before you had any Juvederm with you if you do go see someone else for the hyaluronidase. It will help that physician determine what needs to be removed and from where to get the look you want. But either time or hyaluronidase will solve your problem, Juvederm is not permanent.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Uneven result after Juvederm

+1

You shouldn't be concerned about any permanent changes after the Juvederm wears off, but this will take many months.  An enzyme called hyaluronidase can be injected to try and diminish the Juvederm.  Discuss this with your injector, or seek an experienced cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon that is familiar it.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon