What is the Best Way to Fix Asymmetrical Breasts with Minimal Scarring?

What would be the easiest method of evening these with as little to no scarring as possible. And what would the average price be?

Custom approach to asymmetry

+1

This is an interesting question with a variety of answers and possibilities. The simplest and best surgical answer would be a lift (mastopexy) and small direct reduction of breast tissue on the right side only which could equalize the actual volume and position of both breasts. This would probably stay the most equal over the long run. 

If minimizing scars is the goal then liposuction of the right breast would reduce its volume somewhat (though not predictably) and would only require a single half-centimeter scar in the crease. This would not lift the right breast so it would still be more ptotic than the left. Using this fat to inject into the left breast would also be difficult to quantify and end up symmetric but this might be something to consider. The problem with fat injection into the breast in a young woman is that there is no conclusive proof or experience to be certain that there is no effect on breast cancer risk in later years. 

I would advise against using implants to try to achieve symmetry in this situation and lifting both breasts is not consistent with minimizing scars. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Fixing breast asymmetry

+1

That depends on which one you like more. It is certainly easier to make the right smaller and more like the left than vice versa. If you do not mind the mild drooping you could just liposuction the right breast. You could liposuction from the right and inject some of that fat into the left breast. You could put an implant in the left etc. There is no single best way. The best way for depends on what specific goal you want to achieve (symmetry as a goal is not specific enough) and your budget as different surgical options will have different costs.

There is no way to fully explore all of the options available to you without a face to face examination.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast Asymmetry

+1

The best way to improve the symmetry of your breasts with the least amount of scars would be to increase the size of the left breast with an implant.  The scar is only a little more than an inch long and can be hidden in your breast crease.  If you want your breast shape and nipple position improved, you would need a lift instead which can have more scaring but will look great.  Good luck!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Incisions are required for improvement of your breasts

+1

Unfortunately, any surgery that involves incisions involves scarring so having no scarring for you would be impossible. Not only are your breasts asymmetrical but they are also droopy and clearly they would need to be lifted (a mastopexy) in order to appropriately correct and rejuvenate them. The most common approach for this is an inverted T scar though there are some other variants. Implants could be placed dependent on the exact look and size that you would desire but their insertion would not require additional incisions.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Correcting Breast Asymmetry

+1

The procedure which would correct your asmmetry with the least scarring would be a small reduction of your larger breast, but you would need to be happy with the volume on the smaller side and accept the sagging that you have.  If not, it would be difficult to achieve symmetry and correct the sagging without the potential for some significant scarring.

John Whitt, MD

Breast asymmetry is corrected nicely, for you with lollipop scars..

+1

Hi.

1)  You look like an ideal candidate!

2)  Just going by your picture, I would do a lift of your left breast and a lift with a small reduction of your right breast.

3)  How a lift and reduction are done is very important. The vertical technique  (also called Lejour or Hall-Findlay) is best because it does not rely on pulling the skin.  Instead, it re-shapes and lifts the breasts INTERNALLY, and this produces much more long lasting result.  Also, it keeps scars to a minimum, which for your anatomy is a "lollipop".

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

This has to be individualized

+1

In looking at your photo, if I had my choice, I would probably do a small liposuction on the larger breast to equalize the size and then do a small mastopexy to raise the nipple and get rid of some of the extra skin. No matter what you do, there will be some scarring. I would NOT reccomentd  adding fat to the left breast to make it bigger.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Fat Grafting For Breast Asymmetry

+1

Most women have some differences in size and shape between their breasts.  When the difference is large and you want to balance it, there can be several good choices.  The first choice is size.  Would you like to make the big one smaller or have both breasts be the size of your smaller?  After deciding that, it is important to review options.  Your breast can be made larger with an implant or with fat grafting.  Fat grafting leaves minimal scarring and is your own tissue, but can be a little unpredictable in size.  Your breast can be made smaller with a breast lift or with liposuction. Liposuction also leaves minimal scars, but in the breast can be less controlled in final size. You would do well to have a thoughtful consultation with an experienced breast surgeon to consider the pros and cons of each possibility and then together make the right plan for you.  A good outcome is possible for you!

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Fixing assymetrical breasts

+1

I would need to listen to your goals to be able to give you advice. are you happy with the appearance of the breasts other than the size difference or do you want them lifted and not hang as much? which size do you like better?

you can uplift both breasts with a small reduction of the bigger breast. you can inject fat into the smaller breast to make larger but still they will hang, I do not like that idea as much.

i suggest you think about those basic questions and look on line for photos of uplifts or mastopexy, and fat injections to the breasts. then see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

I have another alternative.

+1

If you have some areas where there is excess fat, the fat can be harvested with liposuction and injected into the smaller breast for a natural, no-implant way to correct the asymmetry. There would be almost no visible scarring (Just tiny needle marks, that would be hard to find after a while.)

If there is a big difference in size the procedure may need to be done more than once.

Best wishes

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon