Uneven Breasts 7 Weeks Post Op.

I had a breast lift with augmentation and I am very concerned that they are still uneven. I was told to expect the implants (which are silicone gel) to drop at different rates, however the left breast has a very different shape, the implant seems higher and a bit harder- when I massage them it isn't as flexible as the right breast. It is funny because initially the right breast was much higher. Could the implant have moved? Is this a sign of capsular contracture? Is this correctable?

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Some degree of breast asymmetry is to be expected in the short and long term after breast surgery. I would suggest that you wait 6 months to evaluate the end results of surgery;  you will find that significant changes take place during this time.

If firmness of the breasts  continues to be a concern,  make sure you follow up with your plastic surgeon for evaluation ( rule out early encapsulation).

Breast Lift Difference

+1

You breasts look very good for so early in your recovery and I would agree that your symmetry is very good. It is still quite early in the healing process and you allow another couple of months for your implants to settle and soften.

Richard Linderman, MD

Still early to judge the results

+1

After breast augmentation and lift and breast will continue to change for a period of 4- 6 months. It is only seven weeks since you had your surgery and the asymmetry from the photos you provided is not significant. I suggest you speak to your plastic surgeon and give it more time and follow his/ her advice. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

PHOTO: Uneven (asymmetric) results after breast lift with implants (agumentation mastopexy)

+1

Your areolas and breast generally appear symmetric but the volume appears more upwardly displaced on your left. That together with your description of firmness lead to believe the muscle was imcompletely released or you may be develioping a capsular contracture. I would wait at least 6-9 months and perform one sided preferential exercises in the meantime if OK with your surgeon. Surgery maybe required but wait at least 6-9 months.

Breast lift and shape

+1

Asymmetry I am surre existed before your surgery, and so there will be some after wards.  It is difficult to impossible to make them exactly alike.  You are also very early post-op.  I would give itmore time to heal.

Uneven Breat Shape Soon After Surgery

+1

Breast augmentation with lift is more involved surgery than breast augmentation.  Therefore, the swelling and healing process may take longer.  From your photos, at this stage of your recovery, I do not see any major asymmetry or issues.  My recommendation is to wait at least 6 months before making any rash decisions.  In majority of patients, the unevenness will improve.  However, please keep in mind, perfect symmetry is never possible!

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Implants often drop at different rates

+1

It's only seven weeks since your surgery and still early. You should be aggressively massaging both sides and possibly wearing a breast strap. You surgeon should be able to guide you through this. Give them a chance to settle. They look like they can still get into good position. Though most likely they will come out good, if they don't this is easily correctable.

Mark Broudo, MD

The implants do not drop in different rate

+1

Your right implant is in much higher position than the left side. This a common problem with the combined lift and mastopexy. Many surgeons will stage the lift and augmentation to get better and safer results. please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon .You may need to have revision surgery to lower the right implant .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon