Will Breasts Even out or Will I Need a Revision After Breast Implants?

B4 the procedure my left breast was slightly bigger and lower. I have 475 in the left and 500 in the right. I noticed about a week ago that the left side was bigger and more full at the top. When I massage the left it feels hard at the chest wall and like there is possibly fluid surrounding it. help!!

Revision augmentation

+1

It looks like you are early post-op and you have to give it more time to heal, but more than likely they will stay a bit asymmetric even with the swelling going down.

Breast uneven: Making your breast less asymmetric rather than perfectly symmetric

+1

IT is far too early to determine your long term outcome. Wait at least 4-6 months before fully evaluating your breasts for symmetry. Remember the goal of surgery is to make them less uneven rather than perfectly even, which is impossible.

Implant settling

+1

You don't mention how long after surgery you are, and you appear to have had some work done around the areolas.

I would recommend that you get a physical exam by the surgeon.  If all is well, I feel that there is an excellent chance of improved symmetry.  I base this on the degree of swelling and bruising still present.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Breast augmentation early results

+1

It is too soon to say of course and you should do all this with your own doctor.  You do have some bruising on both sides which I don't usually see from an augmentation.  This might increase the likelihood of blood around the implants.  This could cause differential swelling or the differences you have may just be from your own preop asymmetry.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS