Natural Look for Uneven Breasts - Type of Surgery?

What surgery would you suggest for me? I clearly have asymmetric breasts and I would like to know what surgery you would advise? I have realistic expectations and know that its not possible for 100% asymmetry. Im looking for a natural look that will even out my breasts the best they can be.

How to Fix Uneven Breasts

+3
  1. First decide if you like one of your breasts as it is now.
  2. If you like the right breast, then you would benefit from a Spectrum implant placed in the left. This is a postoperative adjustable implant from Mentor.
  3. If you like the left breast, then you would need a reduction of the right side.
  4. If you do not like either breast then decide what you want, larger, smaller, or in between.

An experienced plastic surgeon can do a variety of things to make your breasts more symmetrical, but they will never be identical. Be sure to sit down and discuss your options with several different surgeons and choose the surgeon you are most comfortable with.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drkoneru.com

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Best way to approach breast asymmetry

+2

I think the best way to approach correcting breast asymmetry is to have realistic expectations as to what can be achieved. Although no one can expect to achieve perfection, realizing that significant improvement can be achieved should be the goal.

Sometimes, breast asymmetry is approached in a staged fashion. First you should decide which breast you like best and discuss with your plastic surgeon how you can best get your opposite breast to match. This may require an implant, reduction, lift, or augmentation with lift. Sometimes, it is easier to correct one breast to best match the other, even if this is not the breast you like best. Other times, you may need to have both breasts addressed.

Because there are so many variables and options, I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation and to discuss your options. This is the best way to see what can be accomplished and to make sure you are comfortable with your surgeon as well as the proposed surgery.

Good luck!

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Natural Look for uneven breasts

+1
Yes, you can have a natural look and breast augmentation surgery can make your breasts more even, but probably not perfectly symmetrical.  

In many breast augmentation patients, like the photo you have included, the inframammary fold needs to be lowered in order to allow the implant to rest at a level that appears natural relative to the position of the nipple and areola. Ideally the implant should be centered directly behind the nipple-areola complex (NAC). In profile, the natural-appearing breast is not convex in the upper pole, and an excessively convex and overly full upper pole is a dead giveaway that a breast implant sits below the skin. In addition, inadequate release of the inferior origin of the pectoralis major will allow the muscle to hold the implant in too high a position, and may even cause the implant to displace upwards (as high as the collar bone in some patients) when the muscle contracts. Patients with this problem require reoperation to release the inferior origin of the pec major and/or the inframammary fold. 

Likewise, if the inframammary fold is lowered too far, the augmented breast will appear 'bottomed out', with an excessively full lower pole, an empty upper pole, and a nipple/areola that appears to sit too high on the breast - another situation with a distinctly unnatural appearance, and one that requires surgical correction: repair of the inframammary fold(s).

You will likely require different sized breast implants but the result can be beautiful/ My photo gallery included women who started with uneven breasts and women with tuberous breasts. You can see what the possibility is for you. 

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/breast-augmentation_breast_implants.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Bigger left implant and smaller right implant, preferently high profile and anatomical "tear drop" shape

+1

this  is a real task for any plastic  surgeon you will need an asimmetrical couple of  implants smaller lets  say 280 cc right side  and  400 left side plus left breast internal  expantion

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Making breasts more even

+1

As I look at your picture, I notice several findings that will need to be addressed to make your breasts more even.  The right breast is larger than the left and the nipple position is lower than the left.  You have more "ptosis" on the right side, which is the sagging of the breast and no ptosis on the left side.  You will need to have all three things corrected in order to become more even.  This can involve a lift or a lift with a small reduction to reshape and resize the breast to better match the left.  BUT, you also need to think about your planned size outcome.  Do you like the volume of the right breast (the way it fills out your bra) or do you wish to be larger?  Do you find the left breast too small for you and out of proportion with your body?  Then you need to think about augmentation.  Sometimes the best approach is to do ALL of the procedures, lift and reduce the right breast and then augment both breasts so that the shape and size and nipple height are more even.  You will have to accept more scars on the right breast than the left to achieve this goal.

Think about the way you want to look at the conclusion of surgery.  Then find a good,reputable plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss your wishes and who can realistically go over the options with you.  Breasts with as much asymmetry as yours can never be exactly the same, but they can look more even both in and out of your clothes!

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts

+1

First of all, you should know that every woman has asymmetrical breasts to some extent. Surgery can definitely help them look more even, although you’re wise to understand that “perfectly even” isn’t a realistic expectation.

There are a lot of different breast enhancement procedures that can help your breasts look more symmetrical. If you want to go larger on both sides, one implant can be smaller than the other to compensate for the breast that’s naturally larger. If you’re happy with the natural size of the larger breast, then only one implant could be used. A surgeon could also perform a breast reduction to reduce the larger breast down to the size of the smaller breast. Finally, a breast lift can help ensure that the position and placement of both breasts is as close to even as possible.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

In cases of asymmetry decide what your goals are first

+1

In cases like yours, one needs to decide on the goals before making a plan.  If your goal is to have better symmetry and your breasts to look more even, then that will require a particular procedure.  If you wish for one or both breasts to be larger, that will require a particular procedure.  So, before you simply undergo a procedure or accept a plan, really think about what it is that is important to you.  Then from there you can intelligently work with your surgeon to arrive at a plan that will come the closest to what you want.  For instance, if you want more symmetry, you will have to recognize that because you have two different breasts now, you will likely have to undergo different types of procedures on the two breasts.  You may need a lift or reduction on the right, depending upon your goals, or an augmentation on both, but with different sized implants, again, depending upon your goals.  Having a consultation with a surgeon experienced in dealing with this type of breast issue can help you understand what can be done, and the more you can tell him or her about your specific goals  with regard to symmetry, final size of both breasts, shape, and the like, the better he or she can help you.  Good luck.

Breast Asymmetry & Breast Augmentation

+1

Breast asymmetry is an extremely common problem amongst women. In most cases, this is relatively minor and women aren’t bothered by it. Occasionally, it can be severe and treatment is necessary. A multitude of options can be used to treat this problem. These may include; breast reduction, breast lift, breast augmentation or various combinations of these procedures.

It’s important to realize every patient is unique. They have specific aesthetic goals and unique anatomic findings. The specific treatment for any individual patient will depend entirely upon these issues. In most cases, the goal of symmetry is most easily accomplished with a bilateral procedure. Occasionally, a unilateral procedure will suffice, but this is unusual.

When the goal is to make the smaller breast larger, the simplest solution is a unilateral breast implant. Unfortunately, if the size differential between the two breasts is small, there may not be a small enough implant to correct the problem. Under these circumstances, bilateral breast augmentation may be necessary. If sag is present, a breast lift may be necessary as well.

In some cases, the larger breast may be the primary concern. Under these circumstances, a unilateral breast reduction may be necessary. Occasionally, it’s necessary to perform a procedure on the opposite breast for symmetry. These might include a lesser breast reduction, breast lift, breast augmentation, or breast lift in combination with breast augmentation.

Every patient needs to be considered individually. The treatment plan should be appropriate for their anatomy and aesthetic goals. If you’re considering correction of breast asymmetry, it’s important that you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon that can discuss your aesthetic goals in greater detail and determine which option is best for you.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph.  All woman have some element of asymmetry between their breasts.  It can be something minor like a small volume discrepancy or slight difference in nipple position, or something more obvious like your clinical picture:  more ptosis (sag) on the right, larger right breast, and higher/tighter breast crease on left.  

Before you began, you should make sure that your expectations are realistic and that you will still have some element of asymmetry postoperatively.  First you should decide what size you wish to be (see below for link to question/answer on choosing sizes).  In your case, you will need a larger implant on the left and a smaller one on the left.  The implants will help to even out the sizes, give you more upper pole fullness, and help address the lower pole tightness.  Additionally, a small lift would be required on the right to improve the nipple position.  

Good luck and make sure you ask your board certified plastic surgeon all of your questions.  Spend enough time sizing your implants so that you will not be unhappy postop.  

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/question/how-do-choose-breast-implant-size-right-me#716044

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo. Almost every single patient I see has two very different breasts. Some have an A cup and a D cup. In order for your breasts to appear more symmetrical, I suggest a lift on the right and bilateral asymmetrical augmentation. I perform at least one case like this almost every day. You can expect your breasts to appear more alike but never exactly the same. Ultimately, if you do your research and find the right surgeon, you will be happy with the result.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.