Uneven Breasts 3 Months Post BA? (photo)

Im 3 months post ba, had slight assymetry 300cc left and 345 right. Im concerned at difference in shape,my left side seemed to settle fast and seems to point more to the left, right side is still slightly higher and more round. My ps tells me not to massage but just to sleep on them and to expect changes upto 6 mths. Should I be concerned that this shape is close to final result? btw disregard scar on right nipple, its from a previous op.

Uneven Breasts 3 Months Post BA

+1

I would concur to wait until six months after surgery before evaluation for symmetry. One thing I cannot tell from the photo is whether the right breast feels firmer than the left, which would be a finding of capsular contracture and might explain the asymmetry seen. 

The left breast does look larger in the pre op photo, and to see a difference you would expect about 50 cc volume difference at least, so the implant differential seems appropriate.

Thanks for your question and photos. Consider following up with a comment in 3 months! Best wishes.

Uneven Breasts After Aug? #breastimplants

+1

I would agree with your surgeons advice. Things will continue to change with time. Your nipple on both breasts look good and are both slightly lateral to begin with in your pre-operative photo. Breast augmentation always will magnify subtle asymmetry that may exist pre-operatively. The right implant is bigger so it will naturally be more full. I think your overall shape looks great, and you can expect continued change over the next 3-6 months. I am neither here nor there with the advice to sleep on your stomach. I do not really think that will make a difference at all. What will happen is that gravity will win over time, and the implants will drop to a final resting point within the first 6 months or so. Be patient and continue to see your surgeon and voice your concerns.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Uneven Breasts 3 Months Post BA?

+1

Small asymmetries are magnified after enlarging the breasts. So the differences are more noticed. Seek in person evaluations. 

Uneven after breast augmentation

+1

I think things really look very good.  The breasts are natural in appearance.  The implants are positioned appropriately beneath your own breast tissue and the nipple-areola complexes, and the inframammary folds appear to be even.  I agree that the upper pole of the right breast implant seems to be slightly higher than the left.  Most likely this is due to the implant on that side being slightly larger.

I wouldn't change anything.  With settling over time, the symmetry should continue to improve even more.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

I would also suggest continued observation for at least another 3 months. The shape of the breasts will continue to slowly change. It is very possible that the right implant will continue to look more rounded and firm though. That is what happens with overfilling of saline implants. I think that the difference in breast shape will always be an issue because of this, but it will likely be less notable with time. There is not much to do for the nipple position and how far apart the implants appear to be. If the implants were moved closer to the midline, they would not be centered behind your nipple and areola and would seem to be even more laterally displaced on the breast. The fact that the left nipple looks more lateral is because of your pre-operatively anatomy. They are both still well within the range of normal.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think your plastic surgeon is advising you correctly, in  that continued patience/observation is indicated. In other words, you may find that the breasts will continue to change over the course of the next few months and even up to one year after the procedure.  Continued follow-up with him/her is important to rule out  any complications that may arise ( such as breast implant encapsulation)  that can cause breast asymmetry.

Asymmetry

+1

More saline=more fullness and roundness. Since your breasts were uneven in size (and shape) using different amounts to decrease the unevenness is advised. The trade off is some of what you are seeing on the right. Also right side seems to settle slower as most patients are right handed. You would need an examine for an opinion.

Michael Hueneke, MD