Uneven Breasts After Augmentation? (photo)

I am 6 weeks post op, and my breasts are uneven.34B to small 34D.I have smooth round moderate profile saline implants of 350cc filled to 375cc saline on right, and 375cc filled to 400 left, plased under the muscle . As you can see my left breast is larger. My PC says that everything looks good and its just swelling, but the distance between the natural fold and nipple on my left breast on about half an inch larger then on the right. Would it change with time?What should I do?its depressing....

+2

So much will change with time. It is so hard for me to give you advice without your pre operative photos. Your breasts look amazing to me. I think that you need to give swelling time to go down. Your implants will drop with time and your shape will change so much. Something I tell all of my patients is that no two snowflakes are the same and I feel that applies to breasts as well. You most likely started out with a small amount of difference and when you were augmented it became more apparent. The differences in volume that your surgeon used are so minuscule with respect to size. 50 cc's is simply not that much. I think you look great and things will settle with time. Please be up front with your surgeon. He/or she did you right from your pictures and things just need time to settle. In Plastic Surgery I measure results in months to years, not days to weeks. Patience is the rule!

Additional change with healing can still occur

+2

Hang in there as additional healing and change may be possible.  The other good news is that saline implants can be adjusted if needed and this can be done under local anesthesia.  Fluid can be removed from the larger or added to the smaller to improve the asymmetry.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Why Are My Breasts Not Even After Breast Augmentation?

+2

Dear Maria, Please don't be depressed.  What I see in the photograph that you sent to us is that your left breast looks just about perfect in positioning, but your right breast is riding a little high.  The upper pole is fuller on the right, and the right nipple is tipping down just a little.  To me, that means that the right breast needs to be pushed down just a little bit more.  Implants under the muscle don't move very much, but by wrapping your chest with a 4" ace wrap that goes over the right breast and under the left will give mild downward pressure on the right breast, and probably push it into a better location. 

Now, it may be this was the pre operative appearance of your breast.  I would need a pre op photo to determine that.  At six weeks after surgery, your implants are still shifting, they are still swelling, so it is still too early. 

I suggest you have another consultation with your plastic surgeon, and perhaps ask if the ace wrap might not be a useful technique to hasten the downward movement of your right breast.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry after breast enlargement

+1

It is not unusual to have a bit of assymetry after an augmentaton.  The fact that your surgeon filled the implants to different sizes leads me to believe that you were a bit assymetrical before the the surgery.  Perfect symetry may not be possible.  Wait at least three months and then discuss with your surgeon.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast Size Asymmetry After Augmentation

+1

Dear Maria.

I am sorry that you feel depressed but based on the photos you have posted and the description within your post, I believe that it is too early to judge the end-results of your breast augmentation. 

At 6 weeks post-op, it is normal that you are not swelling-free and so the asymmetry you currently note may be of a swelling nature.

Therefore, I recommend that you trust mother nature to take its course so you RIGHT breast will drop into its natural position and the swelling of your LEFT breast will resolve.

Also, I advise you to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously as he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

Thank you for your post and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

BA assymetry

+1

Thank you for the photos they do help. I think overall you have a good result with your breast augmentation. I do see what you are talking about but no woman has perfectly symmetrical breasts, with or without implants. I know it is hard to be patient with the healing process but you are still early.  I find implants are not in there final place until three months after surgery.  I hope this reassures you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts After Augmentation?

+1

Based on the posted photos the right to me looks smaller so you need increased size of implant by 50 to 100 cc's 

Early breas asymmetry

+1

Though you have some asymmetry at this time, it is still quite early in the healing process.  Very often people are asymmetric at this time and one side will catch up with the other.  Implant displacement exercises may also help...discuss this with your surgeon. 

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Some breast asymmetry is normal.  Based solely on your photos, your breasts look pretty good.  Good luck.

Breast asymmetry

+1

Thanks for your question, I see some of the asymmetry you note, but it is early and changes are still to come.  Also without a pre-op picture it hard for us to tell how much of the asymmetry should be expected.  Keep in communication with your plastic surgeon.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD