Uneven breasts 5mo post Breast Implant Revision, my asymmetry is worse - Scoliosis? (photo)

I did get revision about 6 weeks ago - see 2 revision pics. In surgery, the doc said I did indeed have capsular contracture on the right side. My great concern now is that my right has dropped too far beyond my left (the left which I think looks & feels perfect). I again have uneven breasts (the other way now) and fear over time the asymmetry will get worse. Frustrated after 2 surgeries :( What are the options/recommendations please?

Breast asymmetry post revision

+2

Try to be patient, and do not be in a hurry to "do something". The result needs time to settle, and you may talk to your surgeon about a support bra  for the lower side. Remember that the opposite side may change with time too. The result may take months to stabilize before considering any more intervention.

South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Uneven after mastopexy

+1

You are still very early following surgery. Wait 6-12 months and see what happens. I think it looks fairly good at this point.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts after second revision

+1

Best not to rush into a third operation.  Let things stretch out for a period of time and then reassess.  Scoliosis will create structural abnormalities that can lead to breast asymmetry.  

Breast asymmetry

+1

You should give it more time to heal . At 6 weeks things are not completely healed.  But remember, some asymmetry is normal.

Uneven Breasts 5mo Post BA - Scoliosis?

+1

Yes I see the issues. But over the internet very hard to be exacting. Best to obtain a few in person second opinions from boarded PSs in your city. 

Uneven Breasts 5mo Post BA - Scoliosis?

+1

Breast asymmetry is very common after breast augmentation.

There are many factors that have to be taken into consideration when selecting the size of the implant , this is further complicated in patients with scoliosis

For these reasons I often consider the use of  an adjustable breast implant in cases where asymmetry exists,especially with scoliosis

Adjustable implants are FDA approved for use , but only the saline version.( Spectrum)  Mentor corp .

The silicone gel version, (Spectra) unfortunately is only available outside of the USA

It is quite unfortunate that the FDA has not  as yet approved this implant  in the USA

Many patients could be spared from multiple operations if this implant were available

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts

+1

You may have mild scoliosis but I do not believe the explains all of your asymmetry.

In your third photo your implanted is not centered as well under the nipple as the right side.  However at 6 wks this likely is not the final location.

Why don't you post an update at three months

If you are at five months however I don't think you will see much change

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts 5mo Post BA

+1

Patience

It is still early, particulary after a revision.

These implants look relatively even to me. On you preop photo, your shoulders are even, but on the next two the left shoulder is higher, and that will make the left breast and implant look higher. No one is exactly symmetric.

Continue with your post-op routine as suggested by your surgeon, and express any issues with the surgeon.

Thanks for the question and the photos. Best wishes