Uneven Breasts 5mo Post BA - Scoliosis? Should I do a revision sooner or later?(photo)

Thank you for all of the responses to my original post. I am submitting a before photo if that helps or changes anything. It seems the consensus opinion is that left is doing ok and right will need some type of revision. If I go for revision, does the timing matter as in does it make a difference if I do this in 1 month, or in 6 months? Is it better to do it sooner? Who bears the cost for this type of situation normally? I appreciate the responses.

Breast augmentation revision will really help.

+1

Hi.

It looks like the fold under your right breast needs to be lowered, and you need a slightly larger implant on the right.  This can be done any time.

Uneven Breasts 5mo Post BA - Scoliosis?

+1

The photos really help but in person examination is always best!! In my photo interpretation I think you have bilateral issues. Left has a capsule by photo appearance. The right needs a donut lift with better pocket dissection. Revision is good if after 6 months. Seek more in person opinions. 

Uneven breasts

+1

I think this was posted before, but it looks like one breast implant has not come down enough, and you may need a capsule release to bring the implant lower.

Uneven Breasts after Augmentation

+1

Hello again,

Thank you for posting a before photograph.  It helps to explain the problem by showing less compliant tissue on the right side, causing a lack of expansion after the surgery. 

You may want to wait a bit longer, a month perhaps.  There might be some changes that occur. On the other hand, some might argue to wait 9 months because we know things can change even that far out. I think we are not going to see much difference by waiting any amount longer.

Please refer to your surgeon (or his office manager) regarding his policy on revisions.  This outcome is not necessarily because of fault, but it is a problem for you none the less.

I think you'll be fine.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Asymmetry

+1

I agree with waiting to see if your inferior pole skin stretches with time.  If nothing changes from now until then, I do believe your asymmetry can be improved with revision.

Good luck

Donald Griffin, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Providing the preoperative picture is helpful;  it is clear that the right breast  was smaller/“tighter” preoperatively. Generally, I suggest the patients wait at least 6 months before undergoing breast revisionary surgery. This will allow for the majority of breast implant “settling” to occur on both sides. Waiting this time period will allow you to evaluate the end results of surgery;  any revisionary surgery on both sides can be done at the same time as needed.

There is no general “rule” as to bears the cost of revisionary surgery;  more than likely, your plastic surgeon will do whatever he/she can to help.  The best approach is to communicate your questions in a calm, nonaccusatory fashion.