Uneven Breast and Shape? (photo)

My PS put 410 cc in the right breast & 420 in the left one he told me the difference is about a teaspoon. But the left one look much bigger and the nipples are not positioned the same place? I am 6 weeks post op. I know we have to wait up to a year to have final results, but with this big of a missmatch is it still possible for the breast to look even? My breast was not uneven b4 my surgery. Am I gonna have to have revision? Thank you!

Breast Asymmetry at 6 Weeks Following Breast Augmentation

+1

The breast asymmetry following breast augmentation at 6 weeks can sometimes improve as the result continues to evolve over a 3 to 6 month period.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetry

+1

Your preoperative implants show the right crease to be higher. This crease needs to be lowered if the implants do not drop any more.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Asymmetry #breastimplants

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. From your pre operative pictures it seems that your right breast is smaller and your left breast crease is lower. It is very hard for me to know if the correct implant was chosen for you or not. Since you are small with a very narrow chest you can not tolerate a very big implant. The reason you could be asymmetric could be because the two pockets are not evenly made. Your right breast implant seems to be high riding and should drop over time. You might have to have that fold lowered one day to match the right if it does not settle out over time. You also could have a fluid collection which can cause the upper part of that left breast to be uneven. Overall if you give it 3-6 months you will have a better idea of what things will be like as the lower breast skin stretches.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast Asymmetry After Surgery

+1

Thank you for sharing your before/after photos.

The 10cc difference between both implants should be ruled out as a potential cause to your breasts' asymmetry.

It seems that your plants may be a little too large for the size of your chest but that does not mean that this would be the only reason causing the current asymmetry you have.

The pockets in which the implants sit may not be symmetrical in size and that could be another cause for lower and "narrower" left breast compared to the right one.

At this point it is early to be definitive about recommending a revision; I encourage you to be patient and to communicate with you surgeon.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Uneven breasts

+1

Hi,

No, they will not even up by themselves and yes,  you will need a revision.  Your crease discrepancy is too much and the position of your implants makes your case very easy to tell that a revision is in the works.

All plastic surgeons have cases that need revision.  There is not such thing as a perfect record when a plastic surgeon does a lot of breast surgery.  If a plastic surgeon claims that they never have a revisional surgery, get out of the office because this is not true.

You are in that category and discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  He/she will want to correct this discrepancy and the timing of the revision will be determined by the two of you.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast augment revision

+1

I would be concerned with such a significant difference between the size of the breasts if you started relatively symmetrical and had almost the same size implants used.   I also agree that the implants used were too large and that a seroma should be ruled out.  I recommend that you discuss this frankly with your plastic surgeon and, if you are uncomfortable after that discussion, that you seek a second opinion.  Best of luck to you.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

You will need revision if not happy with the current shape

+1

Your implants are too big for your chest and breast tissue. Your breast tissue is over stretched and your breast are up to the clavicle. I would guess from your before pictures that 275 cc implant would have been great. You will need to frank discussion with your surgeon and do not ask for big breast,but beautiful breast. Your breast can be corrected,but you need to agree with smaller implants.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  There are several possible sources for breast augmentation asymmetry.  It sounds like the volume of your breast implants are nearly identical and if this is the case volume of the implant should not be a source of your asymmetry.  Collection of healing fluid (seroma) is a possibility although much less common at 6 weeks.  Pocket creation is yet another source and that seems to be a component of it for you as the larger appearing breast also seems to be more lateral (to the side) and lower.  Its hard to know how you will heal but my gut feeling is that you may choose to have a revision in the future.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Uneven Breast and Shape?

+1

Sorry for the poor result. And YES you need revision, in my opinion sooner than later. Over the internet does not substitute for in person examinations! Best to seek in person second opinions from only boarded PSs in your city. My early recommendations would be to switch the implants from left to right, lower the right inframammary fold, and use lipoed fat grafts to even out the result.  

Uneven after breast augmentation

+1

Often an asymmetry can be traced to an asymmetric breast before augmentation. The difference in the 10cc right to left is probably not noticable and perhaps the pockets are not quite even. Still, things can relax and give and improve much over time so be patient.