Uneven Breast and Possibly Tubular Can This Be Corrected with Implants? (photo)

My breasts have always been uneven and the left side is much smaller than the right side. the right side is more sagged and the left side is more of a tubular shape. can this be corrected with implants? if so what would be the recommended procedure and should i go with a silicone or saline implant? thank you all advice is appreciated

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift for uneven tubular breasts

+1

If you are satisfied with the cup size of your left breast then the left breast can be treated with a lift only.  There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift that is done through a circumareola incision and will elevate your breast higher on the chest wall, reshape your breast tissue creating more upper pole fullness and increase your cleavage.  Your right breast will need an implant to match the opposite side.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they have the most natural look and feel.  If you are dissatisfied with the size of your left breast then you will need implants on both sides.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Short scar breast lift on the left and augmentation on the right

+1

The left breast will definitely need a lift, and should have a short scar lift. the right will need implant, and i would recommend silicone, however sizers should be used during the case due to significant size discrepancy between the two breasts.

Adil Ceydeli, MD
Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Breast issues

+1

It certainly looks like your left breast needs a lift and you probably need an augmentation of the smaller breast.

Two main surgical options

+1

Thank you for the photos.  To achieve improved symmetry your options are the following.  You may undergo a breast lift +/- small augmentation on the larger breast as well as a larger augmentation on the smaller breast, or you can undergo a tissue expander placement on the smaller breast first and a breast lift of the larger breast followed by a second surgery to place the final implant on the smaller breast and revise the large breast as needed with either a small implant or a revision breast lift if needed.  To achieve maximum correction you will likely benefit from two surgeries regardless of which path you take as even the first option would likely benefit from a revision surgery down the road.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1

Thanks for your question and great picture.  I have operated on two case just like over the last month.  You most definitely can acheieve more symmetry in breasts and the most important goal for you to consider is the size you would like to see on the right breast.  If you are looking for a C or less, then you could do your surgery in one stage with a reduction/lift on the left and small implant on the right.  If you desiring being larger than a C on the right, I would use a staged approach with an expander first. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who has alot of experience.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Very gratifying results after correction of breast asymmetry.

+1

Hi.

1)  Patients with your kind of problem are among the happiest because there can be such a  big improvement in symmetry and contour.  Your anatomy is quite difficult and you need to go to a plastic surgeon who has done a lot of these.  Don't think your right breast is tubular.

2)  You probably need a vertical (Lejour technique) breast lift with a lollipop scar on the left.  This is an internal lift which does not rely on pulling the skin and so lasts a long time.  On the right, the lower part of the breast needs to be released, and then I recommend a silicone implant OVER the muscle.  An implant under the muscle will not correct shape and asymmetry.  Hope this is helpful.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast augmentation for uneven breasts

+1

A breast lift is needed on the left.  The left breast will still be larger than the right, so different size implants will be needed.  Silicone implants will work best because of your small right breast and your thin physique.  Don't be surprised if your surgeon wants to do this in two stages, so the lifted breast heals and the final volume difference can be judged more exactly.  Best regards,  Dr. Gregory Diehl.

Gregory Diehl, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

You may need to have lift/reduction and fat grafting to other breast

+1

There are few issues that is different than just breast enlargement. Your left breast will need to have lift and reduction to correct the shape and size of the breast. You will need enlargement over the right breast and I would recommend fat grafting for the left breast.  There is no perfect solution because of the complexity of the difference. There will be need for revision and further surgeries down the road. Make sure to see plenty of before and after pictures of similar situation before finalizing your decision.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

BREAST ASYMMETRY

+1

Thank you so much for your question and the attached picture.  With the significant asymmetry you will be best served with doing a full breast lift on the Left breast to get both breasts as symmetrical as possible. After healing (3-6 months) I would recommend placing bilateral breast implants. While this can be done in one step,  for various reasons, I recommend doing a two staged procedure. This will leave you with the best result possible.  Remember to seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a specialty in breast surgery. 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breast and Possibly Tubular Can This Be Corrected with Implants?

+1

You do have a significant asymmetry with underdevelopment and possible constriction of the left breast.  You will need a right breast lift to reduce the breast overhang and sagging and elevate the nipple.  You will need bilateral implants, larger of course on the left breast.  An implanted breast will always look more rounded and full in the upper pole than even a lifted breast without an implant, so a small implant may be needed in the lifted right breast to help give you better symmetry of shape.  In cases where the left breast is very small and the skin very tight, sometimes more than one stage is required as there is a limit to how large an implant can be placed into a small, tight breast.  If this is the case, a tissue expander can be placed to stretch the tight skin of the left breast, and replaced with a permanent implant several weeks later.  Another option is placing the largest implant possible at the first stage, and perhaps replacing it with a larger implant if necessary a year or so later.

Robert M. Grenley, MD