Uneven Breast After 1 Yr Post Op? (photo)

1 yr post op. Uneven breast after second surgery from correcting rippling with subfascial position. Under the muscle now. Surgeon said I have no capsular contraction. He said it's normal with this position for the muscle to not release the same way both sides. And his advise was to massage downwards. Hasn't worked. My first surgery results were beautiful but I became pregnant. Now one side has dropped and the other refuses to and it's pretty noticeable. Please advise. :( so sad...

Implant Malposition Without Capsular Contracture

+2

In the absence of capsular contracture, implant malposition can be corrected by releasing the inferior portion of the capsule and additional muscle, if necessary.

You need a revision.

+2

The implants are asymmetrically placed and can only be correct by reoperation. (providing there is no contracture)

Uneven Breast After 1 Yr

+1

The asymmetry is apparent in the photos you posted, but not necessarily the cause. From the photos alone I would guess this is a capsular contracture, but that is less likely if both implants feel soft. 

Whether this is a capsular contracture or not, the only way you are likely to get a more even result is with another operation to correct the position of the right implant. I wouldn't say it is normal for one implant to be this much higher, but it does sometimes happen.

Thanks for your question, and for the posted photos.  Best wishes. 

Assymetry after secondary breast augmentation

+1

Your pictures shows what appears to be a capsule contracture on the right side.  I also feal that your implant diameter is too narrow.  This would depend on the width of your sternum( breast plate).  You will definitely need a capsulotomy.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Capsular contracture?

+1

Solely based upon the photos, it looks like your right breast is contracted. At one year, I doubt it will improve without surgery.

Uneven implant position after revision breast surgery

+1

From the photos you appear to have the right breast implant position much higher than the left. It's unlikely that after one year this implant will "settle" into place. If you have more firmness on the right side than the left, then you may also have capsular contracture. An in person evaluation with a plastic surgeon will confirm or exclude this. You most like will need another revision surgery and possible capsulectomy to correct the malposition.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Uneven Breast After 1 Yr Post Op?

+1

The posted photos demonstrate many issues of asymmetry and capsular fibrosis. Best to obtain only in person second opinions but you will need further surgeries. 

Capsular Contracture

+1

It appears that the right breast has a capsular contracture.  If it feels harder and firmer than the other side, chances are you have one.  At this point, all the aggressive massage in the world will not help.  You need a total capsulectomy or a site change for the breast implant.  This will allow the implant to descend into the breast tissue.  At this time, it is trapped in it's capsule and will not drop.  Only removal of all the capsule or changing the site of the implant will get you the symmetry you deserve.

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS

Implant Problem

+1

Your right implant appears malpositioned. Massage can possible work in the very beginning after surgery but will not change anything now. If the breast is soft (and theerfore meaning not capsular contracture) you should return to surgery and have the implant adjusted to the correct position. You may have a tight inframammary fold that needs to be released. Implant shifting is something that can just happen to no fault of your surgeon or you but is easily correctable. 

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Revision Breast Surgery

+1

Unfortunately, you are correct the right breast has not fallen into place. At 1 yr out from surgery I do not expect any considerable change to occur. That being said things can definately be fixed. If there is truly no capsular contracture the pocket on the right needs to be lowered which is a straightforward procedure to do. I would likely recommend a strap at the end of this procedure to keep the implant in the correct position. I hope this helps. Good Luck

Ritu Chopra, MD