Uneven Breast After Breast Lift

I had a brest lift(no implants) done 4 and a half weeks ago. My right breast was slighty bigger than my left pre surgery. My doctor wanted to even them out so he removed a bit more tissue on my right side. Now my right breast is smaller than my left one! Will this have to be corrected or is it too soon to tell if will remain this way.

Uneven breasts after a breast lift

+1

Symmetry is the curse of plastic surgery and even though the same operation is done on both sides they frequently heal like they are on two different people.   You are at the 1.5  month period and it needs more time.  When you get to the 6 month point it may be time for a reassessment and possible revision to center the nipple and revise the mastopexy.  Possibly converting to a vertical type.

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Lifting?

+1

At this stage in your recovery,it is much too early to evaluate the results of surgery. I would suggest that you wait at least 6 months before making this determination. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and discuss your questions and concerns with him/her. Understand that some breast asymmetry is likely to persist and should be expected.

Breast lift procedures improve breast shape

+1

Wait a few months for the tissues to settle down and shaping to become evident before deciding on a revision of a breast lift. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast lift, uneven result

+1

It is still too early to know for sure how things will settle out.  If you are noticeably smaller on the right side in a few months, and you have a little tissue to spare on the left, perhaps a minor reduction, maybe even by liposuction, might be performed.  Again, give it some time for the tissues to heal and relax a bit before rushing into a revision.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Too early to tell

+1

you are still too soon out after surgery to tell how your breasts will settle out-give it some time and stick to your f/u appts with your PS to determine how you are progressing

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Revision after a breast lift

+1

One month after a breast lift is too soon to tell if a revision will be needed. There will be significant changes as yet and the asymmetry may settle out. After six months you will have a better idea.

peterejohnsonmd

Uneven breasts after lift.

+1

You are early after surgery.  I would wait at least 6 months before considering any revision.  Donald R. Nunn Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Asymmetry after mastopexy

+1

One month after a mastopexy is way too early to make any final decision on whether or not you would benefit from revision surgery. You need time for swelling to resolve and your scars to mature. I would wait at least six months after your surgery before making any final decision on a revision.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breast after breast lift

+1

These questions are always hard to answer with the inability to examine you and without being the original surgeon.   Certainly it is very early in your recovery.  As with most operations, final results may not be evident for months to years.  Certainly give it 3-6 months before drawing a conclusion and at that time discuss any concerns with your surgeon.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon