Uneven Breast - Reduction Lift w/ Implants?

Hey, im 24 years old with 2 kids. I am 5'0 and 98 pounds and have uneven breast. one is a size a and one is a small c. I went to a consult 2 years ago and dr said I would need a reduction in my larger breast and a upliFt along with 400 cc silicone under musclu to achieve a 32 or 34 c? would I really need a reduction lift and implants?

Breast asymmetry

+1
I believe your best bet is a 150cc implant on the right and approximately a 350cc implant on the left. You will also benefit from a breast lift on the left to raise the areola and decrease its diameter. Good luck.

Asymmetry is best treated with a combination of implants and a breast lift.

+1

You need a reduction on the right side, of course.  Then implants on both sides.  400 cc might be slightly large for a C cup size.  Maybe 360 on the left and 300 on the right.  The only question is whether to perform a lift on the left breast even though it does not really need it.  The benefit is in producing more symmetrical areolae (a lifted breast has a distinct areolar margin).  But definitely do not consider having just implants or just lifts or you will be disappointed.  Insist on viewing a number of before and after photos of patients with breast asymmetry like you before going ahead.  And a vertical technique is best.  Yes, under the muscle.  Saline and silicone gel both work nicely.  I've attached a link to my website.  Check out patient R.Z.  She is the fifth patient as you scroll down.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry treatment

+1

Thank you for posting your photos.  As you know, you have a significant breast asymmetry.   In addition to your right breast being larger than your left breast, the right breast sits differently and has an entirely different shape.   In essence, the right and left and apples and oranges.    But your presentation is quite common.  It requires interventions to address your asymmetries.  I breast lift/reduction will be require on your right.  In addition, a much smaller implant on your right may be required.   Your left side with require a much larger implant.  Keep an open mind for a possible secondary touch up procedure to fine tune your results.   Please visit with a board certified PS who is very experienced with cosmetic breast surgery in the asymmetric patient to learn more about your options.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

One breast small the other large naturally

+1

There is a significant discrepancy between your breast. Your desire to bea a certain size will dictate the plan. It is not uncommon to lift of reduce one side and place an implant in the the smaller side. Your particular case is not straightforward to a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon would be the best course of action.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast Implants and Lift for Uneven Breasts

+1

As other surgeons have said, your decision depends on which breast you like best.

The right breast can be reduced and lifted but you will still need a small implant on the left to match the reduced right breast.

If you prefer the larger right breast you will definitely need a large implant on the left. However the left will never match the sagging of the right side so and right breast reduction will be required.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry and implants

+1

I think the first thing is to determine which side you like better and what is the result you are trying to obtain. Obviously to improve the symmetry, you would need to do something to both sides. If you like the right side better, then perhaps a  lift and an implant is a good option. This would put your nipple in better position and give you superior pole fullness (implant does this), on the left side you could have an augmentation using a sizer first. This may help your surgeon better match the right side. If however, you would like the right side smaller, you could have a reduction on it and then an augmentation on the left side to match. Unfortunately, although plastic surgeons aim for symmetry, a bit of asymmetry is only natural and to be expected. I think the most important thing for you is to decide which side you like better and what is the outcome (size) you are looking for. 

Margo Herron, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

What kind of procedure you need will depend on how you want to look afterwards.  If you like the size of the right breast, then you will most likely need right breast lift and left breast augmentation with/without lift.  If you like your left breast, then you will only need right breast reduction.  Think about which side of breasts you like better.  Please remember that although we (plastic surgeons) strive to achieve the best result and symmetry, you will have some asymmetry after the surgery as well.  Best wishes.

Sugene Kim, MD

Asymmetry...

+1

Some of your answer lies in you deciding your comfort with the size of your right breast.  To me that breast does not look overly large and it likely needs more of a lift than a reduction.  In cases like yours I'm inclined to want to end up with an implant in each breast as I think that yields a result that feels and reacts more similarly.  Once the decision about size/shape is made regarding your more normal right breast, then we can discuss how to get your left breast to match or, at least, come close.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

+1

Thanks for submitting your photos they help to understand the asymmetry.  In answer to your question you must first decide which side you like better?  Would you rather be larger or smaller breasted.  The choice will determine which surgery will accomplish the goal.  Any surgery comes at the price of scars and/or an implant.  I would suggest a second opinion on this topic.  Good luck.

Rodger Wade Pielet, MD (in memoriam)

Procedures to improve assymetry

+1

Based on your photos, you are a good candidate for breast augmentation. In order to improve your asymmetry, you may possibly benefit from a breast lift on the right side depending on your overall goals. Breast implants provide more fullness and volume. Placing the implants sub-muscularly would provide more support and help prevent encapsulation. It is difficult to determine exact cup size pre-operatively. Every manufacturer produces a variety of bra styles, which may differ in size and shape.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.