Uneven Areolas After Breast Lift? (photo)

Hi I just had a breast lift (periareola and lollipop) a month ago. I feel like my areolas are a bit uneven, one being more round, & the other more oval. I'm being told the breast in which I had the lollipop lift and reduction is still very swollen & they will look more similar when it goes down - but I have a problem with the look of my other breast. Is it normal for the areolas to look this different and will it get better? Also how soon after can you start using scar creams/silicone sheets?

Uneven Areolas After #BreastLift? (photo) ANS:

+2

I too think you are doing great. Right now your right nipple is higher than your left (opposite of what it was before surgery!) but I think once the swelling goes out of the bottom of the right or lollipop breast, the nipple may settle down just a bit. Send us pics in  4-6 months! And the shape may even out too, of the areola

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Uneven areola after breast lift

+2

Thank you for the photos. So far you have a good result. I believe your surgeon did a great job. When you start with asymmetrical breast size and areolae you will end up with some asymmetry. Remember, your breasts are sisters and not twins! You are early in your healing, and should allow 3-6 months for the final healing. Good luck, be patient.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Areolas After Breast Lift?

+2

One month is a bit early to expect to see a final outcome, and some patience is needed.

The right breast does look larger and its areola is higher in the photo. As the swelling resolves, you should expect better symmetry. 

The right breast looked larger in the pre-ops, and a reduction was done, so more swelling that is longer lasting is predictable.

Thanks for the question and the photos.

Slight asymmetry after breast lift may improve with time.

+1

Perfect symmetry after any bilateral operation is not possible.  The asymmetry you demonstrate might improve with time.  Any adjustment in the future should be carefully weighed.  If the breasts are really close and the incisions look good, I would leave well enough alone.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,16-atlanta-breast-reshaping.htm

Concerns about Breasts/Areola after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, there is no way of  predicting whether the areola will be more symmetrical with time.  This is one of those situations where patience  and time is necessary. I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.   Ask your plastic surgeon ( who is ultimately responsible for your care)  what kind of incision line/scar care he/she recommends.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm