Uneven and deformed looking breast lift. Is nipple going to look lower when breast settles? (photo)

Does it look like it may round out? After lift, my healthy breast looks smaller, squared off on side and the nipple is about an inch lower than the reconstructed one. Will this healthy breast which was lifted drop more? If so, is it possible my nipple will go any lower? I'm concerned, because he said he can fix it...but I don't see how he could correct it without another surgery to round out the breast and without doing a crescent lift to raise the nipple a bit higher. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

You will likely need larger implant and revision purse string areolaplasty

+3

Dear miss love,

Thank you for the question and the photo. From your photo it appears that you have a volume difference as well as an areola size difference. These can be addressed at the same time with an implant exchange and areolaplasty.

Dr. Remus Repta

Uneven & deformed looking breast lift. Will it get better when it settles

+2

You have a nice result. Because you had reconstruction on your right breast, it makes other procedures a bit more challenging, especially when you are trying to match the other side. Keep in mind that no one is perfectly symmetrical even starting off with 2 healthy breasts. With that in mind, try to give it a few more months as your breasts will change over the next few months. It's not unusual to have a touch up procedure to correct a few things that could be improved but you need to give it some time to heal and settle before you do that. Talk with your surgeon and follow his instructions and go from there. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Uneven and deformed looking breast lift. Is nipple going to look lower when breast settles?

+2

This is not a bad reconstructive result and is actually quite good. These are harder to achieve symmetry due to different procedures performed on each breast. Stick with your surgeon and follow advice given. Revision can be performed later if necessary.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Reconstruction

+2

Hi there, it looks pretty close, your PS may ask you to wait 6 months to a year until you get your final result and at that point you can discuss further balancing surgery

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast reconstruction

+2

You have to give it at least 4-6 months to settle before considering a revision. It will change a bit over that time period.