Unevely Injection Restylane in Nasolabial Folds, What Should I Do?

i had restylane injection 1 week ago in nasolabial folds .now i have uneven and swollen but very little in one down side of nose!!

Asymmetry After Restylane Injection

+1

First and foremost, any time you have a concern about a recent procedure you should let your provider know. In our San Francisco Bay Area practice we advise all patients to wait at least two weeks after injection to allow adequate time for swelling to subside. Generally minor asymmetries subside on their own as swelling resolves but in some cases additional filler may be required.

For the highest level of experience and care visit the office of a board certified plastic surgeon.

Uneven result after Restylane

+1

I think very little time has passed since the application of hyaluronic acid (Restylane).

There are few data to judge the problem, but in my opinion there are two possibilities:

• a touch up is required (with another Restylane injection) to get a more accurate (even) result.
  • In the case of swelling after treatment (it can occur in 12% of cases) it will go down in 3-4 weeks.

I would go back to your surgeon. I'm sure your surgeon should be able to explain the outcome and the correct attitude.

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Restylane result can be revised.

+1

Hi.

It sounds like you will need a touch up, but don't do anything for three weeks.  Go back to your doctor. He or she should be able to explain the outcome to you and to come up with a plan.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Uneven swelling after Restylane

+1

As indicated by the other experts, it is important to wait one more week and see if things even out.

If it is a matter of too much on one side, an injection of Hyaluronidase can remove the excess material. If there is not enough on the opposite side, an additional amount of Restylane can be injected (often at cost).

Always make sure that you are being treated by an experienced, Board certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

+1

You cal always have more Restylane injected to even out the nasolabial fold at anytime.  Injecting fillers is an art and some degree of modification, especially in the early stages, is to be expected.  Injecting fillers is also volume dependant which means you it might just require more volume of Restylane to get the results that you desire.

Asymmetry after Restylane filler injection in the nasolabial folds

+1

Asymmetry after hyaluronic acid gel injection may be seen in some cases within the first week post treatment, particularly if there is swelling associated with bleeding at one of the injection sites. I would advise you to wait one more week, and then decide with your doctor the appropriate course of treatment. It would be of great value to compare your current results/photos, to the ones taken at the office before the injection was performed. Many times we have asymmetry in the depth of our nasolabial folds and, even though they are both better and less pronounced after the injection, one side may still show as deeper than the other. This would be relativelty simple to correct with additonal Restylane injections.

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven Restylane result

+1
I recommend waiting until the swelling has gone down before assessing the result. You could possibly be more swollen on one side than on the other. If there is an assymetry, this can be corrected by injection of additional product on the less prominent side.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Unevenly Injection Restylane

+1

I would advocate waiting at least another week before making any determination regarding the adequacy or symmetry of the treatment. Occasionally you can get some differential swelling. Should the asymmetry persist, then contact your doctor to be examined again. In the early period, many doctors will perform "adjustments" for a nominal fee or even for free depending on the circumstance. Take care.

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon