Loved My Nose When Cast Came Off. Now It Looks Different. What Happened?

underwent rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. i had a large hump and my dr said it made the tip drope a little..got cast of and loved my nose,no hump-little and straight..it swoll up and now looks pretty diffrent and altho straight from profile it seems to look have a "curved"look in the front and a little wide(unlike when cast came of)..my tip is stil swollen..is it gonna get back to the "cast off" minus the little swelling i had in the begining"..or dose it usually change alot..is this normal?

Nose appearance after cast removal

+1
Immediately after the splint or cast is removed, it is common for the nose to look more defined. After the compression has been removed, the skin and soft tissues can swell and the nose can take on a puffy appearance; this can take weeks to months to significantly improve. After rhinoplasty, tip shape is typically the last thing to settle before seeing the final result; this can take 12 months or longer. During this time you will notice that the size of your tip decreases as swelling resolves and subtle details and tip definition appear. Additionally, you may notice that your tip derotates and deprojects somewhat depending on what was technically performed during surgery. It is important to be patient after rhinoplasty and allow adequate time for recovery.

Nose does swell after cast is removed after Rhinoplasty

+1

Don't be depressed.  Swelling is normal after the cast is removed.  Be patient as the swelling will take 6-9 months to fully resolve.  Ask your Rhinoplasty surgeon if he/she has any suggestions like ice or nasal massage to speed things along.