It is Quite Early (Day 10) but I Cannot See What Was Done to my Nose Regarding the Tip Wanting to Be Narrow? (photo)

Pollybeak forming at the shape of the side view of my nose. I am unsure to whether or not this is caused by swelling or if there is something wrong here? Please let me know. check out the before and after pictures of my front view, doesn't look like anything has changed.. any advice or comment. Purpose of surgery was to narrow tip but had to have nasal bones broken because they were quite wide also. Now bridge and bottom half look wide -- tip same as before (shape and size) ?

Needs more time

+2

Hello. At ten days you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. For minor irregularities such as yours massaging can improve the appearance. I recommend waiting 4 months before massaging. Just try to be patient these trouble areas will continue to improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

It is Quite Early (Day 10) but I Cannot See What Was Done to my Nose Regarding the Tip Wanting to Be Narrow?

+1

Still very early but I too am concerned that the anticipated result will not be attained. Best to discuss with your surgeon in person. 

Ten days after rhinoplasty

+1

At ten days after rhinoplasty it is way too early to see anything. Swelling will take months to improve.

Early Rhinoplasty Tip Swelling

+1

At just 10 days after surgery you are a long way from seeing the final result. Patients that are looking for tip narrowing will often look bigger at this early time after a rhinoplasty rather than better due to swelling.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

At ten days after rhinoplasty, there would still be a significant amount of swelling present and it would be impossible to judge the results of your surgery.  It will take at least 6-12 months for the swelling to resolve and the tip of the nose will take the longest to subside.  You will just need to be patient and allow the healing to take place over time. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Evaluating Your Nose 10 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is impossible for anybody, including an experienced surgeon, to evaluate your result 10 days after surgery. Your nose, especially the tip, will continue to change as healing progresses over the next 10-12 months.