Does Everyone Who Undergoes a Tummy Tuck Get the Ken Doll Look?

Does the Ken Doll syndrome depend on how each persons lymph nodes are affected by the tummy tuck surgery?

Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Unfortunately, it has been a while since I have examined a “Ken doll". Therefore, I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to.

In the event that you are referring to the pubic area;  this is an area of concern for many patients who are undergoing tummy tuck surgery. This area may be large ( prominent) , ptotic (low), or deflated.  Therefore, I think it is important to address the pubic area when performing the tummy tuck surgery.
When planning the tummy tuck incision it is possible to keep the incision  low enough that it serves to “raise” the pubic area to some degree.  I like to plan this incision when patients are wearing the “cut” of swimming suit that they plan to wear after the surgery.
During the  tummy talk procedure the pubic area may then be “lifted” and/or defatted ( either directly or with liposuction) as  the specific patient's needs indicate.  Care is taken to avoid over thinning  the area since some coverage of the pubic area is important (for example for padding during intercourse).

Ken Doesn't Need a Tummy Tuck

+1

Ken doll has some super abs.  And he is lean.  Some American women want that look but in Brazil this style of tummy tuck is rejected.  South Americans want curves, not a wash board look.

So here in the good old USA, home of Ken and Barbie, the goal is to strike a compromise bewteen too thin and too curvey.  There shood still be some softness, but not too soft, a waistline but not  too hourglass, and some muscle defintion but not too crazy.

Hope this helps.

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Ken doll syndrome

+1

Not necessarily.....it can also mean that the pubic area is pulled higher and needs a little liposuction to flatten it out and line it up properly with the tummy tuck flap.  That being said, if any liposuction was done it can take a while for the swelling to go away.  I often see it as the last place for swelling to resolve completely. 

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon