Is It Okay to Undergo Botox in Both Hands and Feet?

hello! im Grace from Philippines.i have hyperhidrosis in both hands and feet..it is really embarrassing and it eats my self-confidence as well as self-esteem. i know it will cost me much but i just want to ask if it is okay to undergo botox injections in both hands and feet,together at the same time?how long will my hands and feet experience the swelling? thank you and more power to all!

Botox for the hands and feet in patients with hyperhidrosis

+2

Botox will work well for both the hands and feet in patients with hyperhidrosis of these areas.  Surgery90210

Yes...botox is good for both hands and feet...

+1

works great in both areas...assuming time permits, I'd suggest treating one hand and one foot at one time and waiting at least a few days before treating the other hand and foot...some people experience temporary weakness due to diffusion of the medicine into the intrinsic muscles of the palms or soles...lasts up to a week or so...my philosophy is there's enough time and an extra week may avoid problems, so why rush and do everything at once...but the treatment is unbeatable...it's the greatest relief a sufferer of excess sweating will ever experience.

Ken Landow, MD

Botox for palmoplantar hyperhidrosis

+1

Botox injections are ideal for treating palmoplantar hyperhidrosis and we do it routinely in our practice - it is safe, effective and highly successful in alleviating hyperhidrosis of the palms and feet. It will need to be repeated every 3-4 months for maximal efficacy. EliminateSweating

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox for hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet

+1

Botox is a wonderful treatment for hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet.  There is no problem getting treatment for both areas at the same time.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botulinum Toxin For Palmar and Plantar Hyperhidrosis

+1

Hi Grace, thanks for your question!

Yes, if you see an injector who is experienced in these areas it is safe. There is a very small risk that the injections may cause temporary weakness of the hand and/or foot muscles, but this is of low risk if the injections are done by an experienced injector.

The swelling in your feet will usually last longer than the swelling in your hands. To minimise this I recommend that you plan to spend the first 2 days after your injections resting with your feet elevated at or above the level of your hips. Walking and standing for prolonged periods in the first few days will increase the chances and severity of swelling.

Botulinum toxin injections to the hands and feet can be very painful without nerve blocks, so I recommend that you see someone who has extensive experience in providing local anaesthetic nerve blocks. You will need someone to take you home from the appointment as you will have numb hands and feet, but with short-acting local anaesthetic the sensation will usually return to normal within 3-4 hours. Good luck!

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Botox for hyperhidrosis

+1

Botox is FDA approved for treatment of severe axillary (underarms) hyperhidrosis but is used off label to treat palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis.  Patients considering Botox injections for hyperhidrosis should be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist to formulate the best overall treatment plan.  Unlike the axilla, Botox injections into the palms and soles can be very painful usually requiring nerve blocks. 

Anthony Perri, MD
Houston Dermatologist