Undereye Restylane Does Not Last Long at All. Where Do I Get Revanesse in California?

Restylane can last quite long for lower eyelid tear troughs

+1

It is illegal for a physician in the United States to use a non-FDA approved medication unless it is in clinical inestigation FDA-apporved studies. Revanesse is a hyaluronic acid, the properties of which. Unless FDA-approved and manufactured here in the United States, you really don't know what you're getting.  If there are adulterants in a product to make it last longer, you might develop an immune reaction that could cause disfigurement.

Restylane injected under the eye can last a long time

+1

When used properly, Restylane injected under the eye can last a long time, sometimes for several years.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revanesse in California for Treatment Under Eye Lid Hollows

+1

Hi Cal girl,

It is not the arrow but the Indian.  It is not the Restylane that is not lasting under your eyes, but the injector's lack of ability to fill the area.  Filling the hollows of the lower eyelids is not a "commodity" that you buy like an iPad.  Injection in this area is a skill and art that requires experience.  I would not recommend Radiesse in this area as it may cause long lasting lumps that cannot be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  I would not use Juvederm here either as it can be too hydrophobic and cause troublesome swelling.

Would be interested in why your interest in Revanesse, a hyaluronic filler that has not been on the market in the U.S. yet. 

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Restylane and Radiesse are the best products in tear troughs

+1
I agree with the other doctors that Restylane and Radiesse are excellent fillers in the tear trough area for most patients. Although I love Juvederm, I don't like it for this area because it's hydrophilic (water binding) nature sometimes creates a blue swollen appearance. This can occur occasionally with Restylane as well but less likely with good technique. Both Restylane and Radiesse usually last up to 12 months or longer in this area.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and Radiesse Work Well For Tear Troughs

+1

Restylane, when properly injected into the tear troughs, should last approximately one year. If this is not the case, you may want to consider Radiesse for this purpose. Although many posters on this web site have advised against using Radiesse in the tear troughs, I and many physician injectors I respect have been using it routinely in this area for years and have never had any problems with dissatisfied patients. Radiesse has the advantage of lasting much longer than Restylane. Since Radiesse is not reversible, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of the physician injecting Radiesse is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. You may want to search for a physician who is a member of the Radiesse medical education faculty. They teach other physicians how to analyze the aging face and improve their injecting skills.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Revanesse in California?

+1

Hi Caligirl.  it is also confusing to us why a consumer would be looking for a product that has no US track record and no history in the US.  We also get approximately 9-12 month duration with Restylane in the under eye area and it is a very safe, effective product for tear trough injections.

If you are in Fullerton, we'd be happy to see you right down the street in our Orange, CA office. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

That is a totally inaccurate statement.

+1

Caligirl

I hope you are not a paid shill by Prollenium, the makers of Revanesse.  Revanesse is an HA product.  However, not all HA products are equal.  Restylane and Juvederm have now excellent track records of patient satisfaction and impressive longevity.  In contrast, the market has now seen numerous HA products fall by the wayside because the simply were not able to perform to the level of the market leaders.  Please keep in mind that the in you insist at being at the cutting edge for cosmetic surgery, you are going to be cut.  I think it is much safer to stay with the market leading products.  If a service or product is good, it will stand the test of time.  

Restylane Under Eyes

+1

Caligirl,

Restylane typically lasts up to a year in my patients when I inject it under the eyes.  Perhaps you should find a new injector if you are not happy with the duration of your Restylane injections.  Ken Steinsapir in Beverly Hills is a well known injector.

You will probably have a difficult time finding Revanesse in California, as it is to my knowledge not yet FDA approved.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon