Under Eye Creases at 18

I'm an 18 year old girl and I have undereye creases. I wonder if theyre wrinkles, eyebags or just a natural part of my face? Please help me. I've been very very worried about them.

Probable Denny-Morgan Folds

+4

I suspect that th ese might be Denny-Morgan folds and that you have at least a hint of atopic dermatitis (eczema). That , along with the shadowing under the eyes allows me to make that conclusion. A Denny- Morgan fold is a pleat under the eye which occurs in people with eczema. Be careful not to rub your eyes.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Dark circles under eyes

+3

Dark circles under the eyes result from soft tissue atrophy, hemosiderin deposition, periorbital fat herniation, melanin deposition, and chronic inflammation. Treatments include surgery, topical creams, and chemical peels. I regularly treat patients with this condition using topical creams and soft tissue augmentation.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

2 units of Botox

+2

Those under eye folds are a normal variant in certain ethnic populations such as Asian and African American. It is the result of a prominence of the obicularis oculi.

I have had great success using just 2 units of Botox just under the lower lashes in the mid-pupillary line. It will soften the fold. Caution: you will see a slight change in the eye shape. They will appear rounder and less almond-shape. But if you do not like it, it returns to baseline in 4 months. (Of course, if you love it, you will have to re-inject every 4 months or so)

For this, please go to a very experienced and certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Natural crease from the muscle thickness

+2

This is a natural crease and represent the thickness of the orbicularis muscle. I would not recommend any manipulation of the muscle. In the future, fillers could be used to camouflage this if it gets too apparent.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Lower eyelid crease is normal.

+1

Dear Allison

Your under eye crease is entirely normal. It forms as a result of an attachment between the lower eyelid retractors and the eyelid skin. It is entirely analogous to the upper eyelid crease. Trying to get rid of this with BOTOX is unlikely to be successful. However, you do also demonstrate a tear trough hollow. This is most safely and predictably filled with Restylane. Try not to drive yourself too crazy. You are 18, the world is your oyster!