How Much Botox Units is Needed to Treat Underarm Hyperhidrosis?

Most doctors use 50 units in each axilla...that's the standard dose...

+1

it's quick and efficient...should be in and out of the office in less than half an hour including numbing time...while some doctors like to use more to start with, it may be a waste of money...and actually I perform all of the treatments...

Botox for Hyperhydrosis

+1

I like 50 units per arm pit.  One of my nurses or my PA performs the procedure.  It's a little time consuming, we book an hour for treatment which allows for time to numb the area with Betacaine, Lidocaine and Tetracaine (BLT) cream.  Nearly all patients continue to return for treatments, which tells me it works.  I am hopeful that the Botox cream proves effective, which would be nice, especially for hand and foot sweating.  Those areas are painful to treat.

Ritu Chopra, MD

How much Botox needed for armpits

+1

Although we have treated many people with 50 units per armpit, we do find better and more consistent results with longer duration (and no difference in side effects) when we use 100 units per armpit, so presuming insurance can cover the cost, we & our patients prefer the higher dose.  Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for underarm Hyperhidrosis

+1

This is a very effective procedure.

If the hyperhidrosis is severe and  it is refractory to other treatments, often some insurance plans will provide coverage.

We inject 50 units in each armpit, for a total dose of 100 units.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Botox for underarm hyperhidrosis

+1

Most patients have gone through dry-sol and other treatments.  We have the patient come in for an evaluation.  We will usually place a topical numbing cream and then treat with 50 units of Botox in each armpit.  Some of these patients are the happiest in the practice.  I had one patient state that this is the first time in years that he had worn a powder blue dress shirt.  It typically lasts about 6 months.  We have had others that lasted considerably longer.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Dosing for Hyperhidrosis/Underarm Sweating

+1

As the other panel members have indicated, most will start with a minimum of 50 units of Botox per underarm for a total of 100 units per treatment.  Our patients have found value with this treatment especially when done before a special event (ex: wedding) or for hot, humid seasons.

TIP:

We offer a discount on the cost of the product for these treatments since a patient is using an entire vial for one treatment.  We would encourage you to ask for the same.

Please see the below link for more information on hyperhidrosis for underarm sweating.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox for hyperhidrosis

+1

The number of units are 100 units (50 each side) on average. Make sure you doctor is an experienced physician. There are nerves and muscles in the area that can become inadvertantly involved if proper technique is not used. Good luck. This procedure is very effective!

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Botox for Underarm Sweating

+1

I will start off with 50 units, and sometimes go higher depending on the response. I have replaced Botox with the PitStop procedure for permanently reducing underarm sweating.  As a one-time treatment it works better and is less expensive.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Botox to treat underarm hyperhidrosis

+1

Dear DVicious,

Treatment for underarm or axillary sweating is 50 units of Botox per axilla. You'll need 100 units total. 

Treatments usually keep sweating at bay for about 6 months.

Enjoy not having to worry about wet patches on your clothing!

Anifat Balogun, MD

Botox hyperhydrosis

+1

One bottle of Botox contains 100 units.  The recommendation for treating underarm sweating is 50 units per axilla for a total of 100 units or one bottle of Botox.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD