Can You Be Underage and Get a Breast Lift to Fix Moderate to Advanced Ptosis? and Tubular Breast Deformity?

Im 14 with grade 2 progressing grade 3 ptosis with tubular deformity i have my moms permission would it be legal to get a breast lift and reconstruction?

Breast surgery in a young pat

+1

If you truly have a breast deformity, surgery could be considered at your age. Although your breasts will continue to develop as you get older, surgery at an early age can and should be considered if you can't lead a normal life due to your breast size and shape.

This is not a recommendation that you have cosmetic surgery for your breasts at the age of 14. You should have a problem that impacts  your quality of life to a significant degree to justify surgery at your age.  

Douglas Hargrave,M.D.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift to Treat Ptosis and Tubular Breast Deformity at 14?

+1

Yes, it would be “legal” for you to have reconstructive surgery with parenteral consent. However, I'm not sure that having surgery at  this young of an age is in your best interest. I would suggest that you wait a few more years to allow for “maturation” to occur;  timing the surgery in this fashion may help you avoid additional surgery as the breasts continue to change throughout the teenage years.

Until that time, I would suggest that you educate yourself about the different treatment options available and the potential risks/complications associated with breast surgery.

When the time is right, visit with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work.