Under Muscle Juvederm for Cheekbone Enhancement and Under Eye Injection to

This site notes a number of women who have been VERY unhappy with Juvederm in tear troughs. (I assume that means the circles under the eyes) The common complaint is that it creates lumps and bags. My doctor is suggesting under muscle Juvederm for cheekbone enhancement and under eye injection to reduce circles. I was set to do it until I read all of the complaints. Any comments?

Juvederm for cheeks and undereyes

+2

The hyaluronics Restylane and Juvederm are good products for under-eye hollows. I agree that the delicate under-eye area should only be injected by an experienced injector with a good understanding of the anatomy of this particular area. Injections need to be deep to the orbicularis oculi muscle and in small volumes - the injections can be staged if necessary. My preference for cheek augmentation with fillers are Radiesse and Juvederm Ultra Plus. Your injector and his/her technique are crucial.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Fillers for the cheek and tear trough

+1

I think placing fillers in the cheek and along the tear trough can give great results, however it is technique dependent and depends upon the skill of the injector.

Restylane is Best for Eye Lid Hollows, Use Juvederm For Your Cheeks

+1

Hi Califdrmn99,

Once again, as with any tool, "it's not the tool, it's the craftsman".

That having been said, I have found that Restylane is more reliable in the very delicate lower eye lid tear hollow area. I agree that Juvederm in this area "misbehaves" and may swell more that expected causing difficult to care for lumps and bumps.

Most cosmetic physician injectors inject deep to the obicularis oculi muscle when filling the lower lid. In some cases, a very experienced physician may thread very tiny amounts of Restylane superficially, but again, only in expert hands...otherwise there will be problems.

Juvederm is very good at enhancing the malar area or cheekbones, and is very safe in this area.

In your case, I would use Restylane most carefully and conservatively under your lower eye lids, and use Juvederm Ultra Plus to augment your cheekbones.

Most importantly choose your injector carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD