Eye Wrinkles

I have had slight eye wrinkles under my eyes for as long as I can remember. I have noticed lately that they have become a lot worse, especially when smiling. I am 20 years old. Is there anything I can do to improve the look of the wrinkles? I have been using a bit of almond oil under my eyes for a couple of weeks now, applying it before I go to bed, it helps to improve the dark circles but I still have these wrinkles.

Eye Wrinkles

+1

The skin under the eye area is much more delicate and thinner than the surrounding skin on the face and elsewhere on the body.  Becasue of this, fine lines and discoloration are often visible in this location well before other signs of facial aging appear.  Factors such as lack of sleep, genetic predisposition, and well as seasonal allergies or sinusitis can also contribute to undereye circles.  To help minimize the appearance of fine lines in this area, using an eyecream containing a retinol or retinoid can help.  Eyelid skin can be sensitive so strarting any new prduct in this area should be done so cautiously.  Many over-the-counter and physician-dispensed products contain retinols; other products containing retinoids require a prescription.     

Chicago Dermatologist

Can inject filler for hollows

+1

You might get some improvement if a filler is injected into the tear troughs(the hollow areas ). Would be worth trying as long as whoever does this is experienced with injecting in this area. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist