Under Eye Swelling Worse After IPL

Is it normal for under eye swelling after IPL treatment to be worse at 2 days after procedure than it was one day after? And if so, how long before the purple bruising and swelling (possible blistering under eyes) dissipate?

Under eye swelling after IPL

+1

I think this is normal.  I don't think you have anything to worry about but if it would make you feel better, I agree with the recommendation of consulting your treating physician.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye swelling worse after IPL

+1

I see two questions -

swelling 2 days after - very possible

purple color and blistering - go see your doctor.  This may have no long term consequences but it would give you a peace of mind.

IPL Swelling, Is It Common?

+1

The fact that you have swelling under your eyes isn't much to concern yourself with. If your Dr. or skin care provider gave you an agressive treatment that is sometimes a common side effect that can last a week or so. As far as the purple bruising is concerned I haven't run across that to much from the IPL procedure. If it doen't start to fade within a week or so I would follow up with Dr. who did the procedure.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist