What's the Best Way to Lighten Permanent Under Eye Eyeliner?

How can I have my permenant under eye eyeliner lightened up a bit from the dark shade I now have. I dont want it removed. I live in Spokane Washington. Could you refer me to someone here? Can it not be tatooed over with a much lighter shade?

Tattoo Removal

+2

The good news is that these types of tattoos fade quicker usually than a regular tattoo.  In 6 months it might be more acceptable.  Laser removal is not great in this area because of risk of losing more brow hair and the shape of the brow.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lighten Permanent Makeup

+1

The best way to lighten under eye eyeliner would be to just simply let it face over time and apply topical makeup in the meantime.  Tatooing a lighter pigment over the darker color usually looks like you are trying to cover something up.

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/permanent-makeup-austin.html

Let it fade on it's own

+1

Even the laser treatments can cause unpredictable changes in the coloration so you want to avoid that.

There are other methods to lighten the colors, but again be very careful as they can also be unpredictable.

A person experienced in the tattooing can go over it with a darker color but "lightening" it generally cannot be done by reapplying color.