Undefined Bridge 11 Months After Rhinoplasty, Will This Change?

Hi, I had a closed rhinoplasty preformed 11 months ago. I have a couple issues about by nose but my main concern is how it looks from the front. My bridge is straight but there is no definition. It looks like my cheeks come up onto my nose. Will this go away with time? Or can a revision, or any other proceedure, be performed to reduce the look of this?

Undefined bridge 11 months after rhinoplasty, will this change?

+1

Photos would really be necessary top give you advice on the issue you are experiencing. It is possible you may still be experiencing some residual swelling even after 11 months. In general, the final result of rhinoplasty is not evident for 18-24 months following surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling can be influenced by the following: thickness of the patient's skin, whether the procedure was a revision, whether tip work was performed, and whether the procedure was open or closed. The nose continues to change throughout the healing process, and you should see improvements over time. If you are still not happy when the final result of your nose is evident, it is possible to perform a touch up to improve the appearance of your nose. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Rhinoplasty Result 11 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

At 11 months following a rhinoplasty the result is pretty much set.  There may still be some swelling in the tip of the nose but the swelling of the upper nose should be resolved.

Michael Sundine, MD

Bridge Height After Rhinoplasty

+1

Generally, after 11 months, you are very close to your final result.  This is especially true in the bridge (usually final by 3 months).  It sounds like you had the bridge lowered too much (over-resection).  This can be fixed with a bridge augmentation using an implant or cartilage (I usually recommend cartilage).  This would require a revision surgery but the recovery is typically much easier than surgery that involves the tip.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your Result is Pretty Clear 11 Months Following a Rhinoplasty

+1

At 11 months, what you see is about what you are going to get. While there may be a bit of swelling still present, at 11 months it is a very small amount and your appearance will not change significantly. Without photos it is hard to answer your question but my best guess is that something could be done given your description. I would recommend seeing an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who doe computer imaging as your next step.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Undefined Nasal Bridge

+1

Nearly one year after surgery, I feel it is unlikely that you will notice appreciable change of your nasal bridge.  Photos would be helpful to determined if further surgery could achieve your goals. However, a consultation with a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty is ultimately best.  

Adam Terella, MD
Aurora Facial Plastic Surgeon

Every Rhinoplasty Heals Differently

+1

As others have noted, the results from a Rhinoplasty can be somewhat fluid.  Many folks believe that swelling from a closed rhinoplasty resolves more quickly than with an open approach. It is hard to know what you should expect over the next 12 months, but some change is possible. Pictures are helpful but nothing replaces a good, thorough exam in person.  Your surgeon will likely have a vested interest in making sure you understand how your individual experience is likely to develop and what, if anything, should be done to correct your result.

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Undefined Nasal Bridge After Rhinoplasty

+1

At nearly one year after your rhinoplasty, what you are seeing is the final result and probably has been for months now. Whether a revision can improve these concerns can only be determined by looking at photos of your nose from various angles. If you havge any before pictures those should be submitted as well. It is always helpful to see what your nose looked like originally.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Undefined Nasal Bridge

+1

Although we frequently say that it takes at least a year to see the final result after rhinoplasty surgery, the bridge is usually healed at that time. It is unlikely your bridge will change significantly in the future. I need to see pictures to give you a more specific answer.

Rhinoplasty results

+1

It is always best to be seen in person to give you a reasonable assessment, but I will say that nasal swelling may last a year and sometimes longer.

Undefined bridge after rhinoplasty.

+1

Your bridge will not change without revision rhinoplasty. I need to see photos to give you a proper answer.