I am undecided about a breast lift or an augmentation following weight loss (Photo)

I like the size of my breasts but am not appreciating the fact that they are sagging after losing weight. I have been looking at pics of breast lifts but am not that convinced because of the scars it creates. Will I be able to get the breast augmentation just to fill out the top portion that lost elasticity or would it make my breast sag more. My sister said that with the breast augmentation it will not look that saggy. Please help!

Breasts that are droopy or saggy usually need a lift with implants

+2
Thank you for your questions and photos.  It appears as though you will get the most benefit from a lift with implants.  Having done these procedures together many times, you can get great results!  If you just go with the lift, your breasts will be perkier, but you might still lack cleavage.  I would not recommend just getting implants as the breasts will then just "fall" over the implants.  For the lift, you will most likely only need the lollipop lift, but if you go with larger implants then you may only need the periareolar lift or the one that just goes around the areola.  It's hard to give you an exact answer without seeing you first.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Breast lift or augmentation

+2
Thank you for your question and for providing the photos. Though not a substitute for an actual exam, your photos indicate that you would be best treated with a breast lift in addition to breast implants. With your weight loss, you have developed some deflation of your breasts which have contributed to or caused you breast to sag. If implants alone were used, the breasts would continue to sag off the implants, and create an unnatural result.

A combination of breast lift and implants can nicely enhance your breasts. The implants would be used to restore the volume lost after your weight loss, and help maintain fullness above the braline after your procedure. The lift would be done at the same time to elevate your nipple to the center of your breasts and reshape and lift the breasts. This combination will create a natural and youthful looking breast.

Many women are concerned about the scars from a lift, and this is certainly understandable. However, it is usually a welcome tradeoff for a better shaped breast that looks more natural. Typically, the scars fade over time, and are fairly faint after a couple of months.
Best of luck with your breasts.
Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

You will need a breast lift and breast implants

+2
Thank you for your question and photograph.  From your pictures it appears you have sagging or ptosis of the breasts.  A breast augmentation cannot be done without lifting the breast as the implant would push your nipple further down.  He her best option to regain fullness is a combination breast lift and augmentation..

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+2
Based on the photos I would highly suggest a breast lift probably with implants to better fill in the upper half of the breasts. It may be possible to use an incision just around the areola and avoid further scarring. The areolar scar usually heals well. I think that without a lift, if you only use implants the result will not be very favorable. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast lift

+2
Dear nanziva,
        Thanks for submitting your pictures. From your pictures it appears that you have a C cup breasts or slightly bigger. At that size a full lift ( key hole ) will give you a very nice perky breasts with adequate size which you like as you stated. As far as the scars, they fade with time especially with the kind of thin  skin that you have. Breasts augmentation alone will make you very unhappy, because not only the saggyness will remain but it will look worse due to the fullness above the nipples. Always, consult with board certified plastic surgeons and check their before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results and that the pictures are numerous and consistent.
                             Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

BBA vs Lift

+2
I think a lift will suit you well and get you to where you want to be, these can be combined with implants if you choose

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast lift of Implants

+2
Hello and thank you for your question.
It does not appear from your photos that implants alone would be a wise option for you, and it is rare that someone who has lost significant weight does not require some sort of lifting procedure. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Breast lift or augmentation

+2
Your breasts have drooped so they lie over your upper abdomen. A breast lift is a must if you have any surgery. A breast augmentation can be done at the same time or later. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Breast Lift vs. Just Augment

+1
Implant versus lift versus implant and lift, is a question that I am asked daily by patients.  The answer is not a simple one, nor is the answer the same for all patients.  It depends on the patients goals, both in and out of clothing.  It depends on the amount of droop, the relationship between the height of the nipple in relation to the infra mammary fold.  It depends on the quality of the breast tissue.  It depends on the location of the breast tissue, how much is hanging below the fold, is there any tissue in the upper or medial pole.  Bottom line, it is complicated and you need an evaluation with an expert in augmentation mastopexy to guide your decision.  Make sure you look at lots of before after photos performed by the surgeon.  This is an art.  Hope this helps.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Sagging breasts after weight loss - what would be best for you, a breast lift or a breast augmentation?

+1
I think the optimum treatment for you would definitely be an uplift procedure if you are happy with the volume of your bust. 

I think a breast implant on its own would leave your bust slightly low with your nipples lying below the fold beneath your breast, giving you a slightly low droopy appearance. If you are happy with the volume of your bust, a breast uplift (mastopexy) would be the ideal choice for you but if you would like slightly more volume the best option would be a breast implant to give you more volume, combined with a breast uplift to improve the shape of your bust and elevate your nipples.

I hope this information helps, we wish you the best of luck if you decide to go ahead with treatment.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon