When Is It Safe To Drink Alcohol, Become Pregnant, Have IPL and More After Accutane?

Could you please advise how long i have to wait after finishing roaccutane to do the following, I have 1.5 weeks left and I have fininshed my course? Alcohol? I havent' had it in 6 months, how long do I have to wait before I can safely drink a glass? Falling pregnant? Waxing? Having IPL hair removal, and photorejuventation procedures? Thank you

Post-Accutane Procedures

+1

Here are the timeframes that I recommend for what you have asked, but this is based on my regimen of 20mg - 40mg per day. I'd suggest you consult the physician who prescribed Accutane for you so that you follow his or her post-care protocols:

• Alcohol - I don't restrict my patients' alcohol while on Accutane, so I would say, any time
  • Pregnancy - You need to wait a minimum of 30 days but I would suggest actually more like 2-3 months
  • Waxing - Accutane can make your skin very sensitive, so I suggest about a week off of it before waxing any area
  • IPL/Photorejuvenation - I actually do IPL on some patients while they are on Accutane regimens but don't have them take it for 48 hours pre-procedure; however, many doctors make patients wait a minimum of 6 months before IPL or laser treatments