I'm Unable to Get Rhinoplasty Until the Radiesse Has Dissolved. What Are my Options?

I have always been self-conscious of my nose and have recently decided to get rhinoplasty. During my consultation, my doctor said that he is unable to operate until the radiesse has fully absorbed so he can see the true structure of my nose. While I understand his concern, I won't feel comfortable while the radiesse is absorbing and want to know if I have any options. For instance, can I get juvederm injected into my nose and then dissolve it right before my surgery?Or does it not dissolve fully

Radiesse and rhinoplasty

+2

I agree with your doctor. It is best to wait to have rhinoplasty until the tissues are more normalized. Juvederm may not be any better, as it will cause inflammation to the nasal tissues, thus making surgery difficult. The process of injecting hyaluronidase to dissolve Juvederm will cause significant inflammation and make surgery difficult and unpredictable.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

You may be able to proceed with rhinoplasty despite the Radiesse injections.  It depends on where and how much was injected as well as what your goals of rhinoplasty are.  for example if you have a large bump on the bridge of your nose and it bothers you significantly, I believe you could have the surgery done despite the prior injections.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Radiesse & Rhino

+1

Radiesse may last up to 2 years and waiting is not what you want to hear.  However, think of your best results from rhinoplasty and consider your best options!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Following Radiesse Injections

+1

You have several options depending on where the Radiesse injections were placed and when that was done.It would also be helpful if you had pictures of your nose before the injections.It might be appropriate to have the rhinoplasty without waiting for the Radiesse to dissolve.You could use Juvederm temporarily but it may be difficult to later determine how much of the improvement is secondary to the Radiesse vs the Juvederm. During a consultation with all that information your alternatives can be clearly explained after examining your nose.

Radiesse and Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Gianna, There are several questions that need to be answered.First question is where was the Radiesse injected in the nose and how much? If a small amount of radiesse was injected for a minor correction then you may be okay for surgery. Secondly, How long ago did you have the Radiesse injected? Radiesse can take a long time to completely dissipate so it would be advantages to know how long you have had the injections. Third question is what are you attempting to do with the Juvederm? Juvederm does dissolve but you will be in another holding pattern prior to a surgical plan if you do this. Photographs would be very helpful especially photographs from before and after the radiesse injection. If you would like to send those to my e-mail address below I will be happy to give you a more informed expert opinion.Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

I am unable to get Rhinoplasty until the Radiesse has disolved. What are my options?

+1

Hello, you can still go forward and have rhinoplasty, after the Radiesse has been removed. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and let him know when it was injected and how much. He will have a surgical plan and explain that to you. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Radiesse and rhinoplasty

+1

Ideally you want the radiesse to completely resorb...but it may not for several months.  Performing a rhinoplasty whn the radiesse is gone will allow for your surgeon to treat the problems clearly.

Radiesse and rhinoplasty

+1

Although it is ideal to wait for the fillers to resolve, Radiesse resolution may take several years. The amount as well as the site of injected fillers in the nose will also affect the outcome or whether one can still go ahead and do the surgery. If a small amount of the filler has been injected in the dorsum or the tip, then it can be removed during surgery

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Waiting To Assess For A Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Gianna,

I tend to agree with your surgeon.

Simply, the more you wait for the Radiesse to be completely absorbed/dissolved the better your nasal anatomy will show; a surgeon needs to have a "stable" nasal anatomy on which he/she will plan the rhinoplasty.

Therefore, any alteration to the "crude ground" will increase the risks of dissatisfaction after the rhinoplasty has been performed.

That being said please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of corrective surgeries dramatically.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty after Radiesse has been injected into the nose

+1

It really all depends on how much Radiesse was injected and where it was injected. I agree with your surgeon that waiting to allow a significant amount of the product to dissolve will likely increase the chances of the nose looking better after surgery. I personally wouldn't suggest the Juvederm approach although in theory this might work. However it may not work as well as desired, still leaving you with the same problem of assessing just what the actual anatomy is at the time of surgery. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO