Unable to Lift my Arms over my Head 5 Wks After Brachioplasty, Normal?

My left arm has good movement but my right arm is very sore and movement is limited when raising my arm over my head. How can I improve this? I have been massaging the scar and muscle area but nothing seems to work. HELP

Minimal Arm Movement After Armlift

+1

This is a common concern patients have post-armlift surgery. It is best to contact your operating surgeon and address this concern you have. You will need to be examined and may be given a set of movements to do with your arms that may help this. It takes about 4-6 weeks on average to heal from this procedure, but any concerns you may have should always be heard by your surgeon as this is essential to your healing.

I have included a link below that may be of help to you. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://losangelesarmlift.com/arm-lift-receovery/

Arm Lifting and Limited Range of Motion

+1

There are many reasons why patients may have decreased range of motion of an arm 5 weeks after arm lifting surgery.  The diagnosis and treatment plan is best made by the operating surgeon who can examine you directly. Specifically, examination of the incision line/scar closest to the axilla will be helpful.

If everything is healing normally  range of motion exercises (crawling up the wall with your fingertips)  may be helpful. 

Please  continue to follow with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_armlift.htm

+1

5 weeks post op you need physical therapy or an aggressive range of motion routine. Return to your operative surgeon for care and advise. 

Brachioplasty

+1

5 weeks after brachioplasty you should have healed by now. The limitation of motion of the arm can be due to many things. scars, frozen shoulder, swelling, muscle and nerve problems.

See your plastic surgeon once all these reasons are ruled out, you may benifit from physical therapy