Unable to Find a Doctor That Deal with Bariatric Patients for Cosmetic Surgery?

I'm a Bariatric surgery patient. I've had surgery on 1/2012 and I had the lapband procedure. I've lost a significant amount of weight thus far and I'm still losing. Its been a struggle to find a doctor that deals with Bariatric patients. I do not want to take the lapband off but simply have some fat removed. I want to get a TT, and Liposuction, and Liposculpure. I'm looking to have surgery late next year but, I just thought i would start looking now. Can anyone recommend me a few to get started.

Plastic Surgery after bariatric surgery-specialists

+1

Everyone who has had lap band or has lost a lot of weight should visit the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons website for info and plastic surgeon members who are specialized in this field. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Surgery after bariatric lap band.

+1

A well qualified plastic surgeon who does body contouring after lap band would be happy to help you. The easiest way is to search The American Society of Plastic Surgeons website for a couple physicians in your city. Good luck and congratulations on your weight loss progress.  

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Finding a cosmetic surgeon

+1

I would recommend going the ASPS website to find a local board certified plastic surgeon to help you with your cosmetic surgery.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Finding Surgeon after Bariatric Surgery?

+1

In most major cities that should not be a problem finding  multiple plastic surgeons who would like to take care of you. It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Looking for surgeon after massive weight loss

+1

I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find someone, at least for a consultation. Search the internet for surgeons in your area. You can also contact the ASPS or ASAPS for a referral.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Can't find a plastic surgeon

+1

That sounds like an unusual problem. In my area I doubt you could find a plastic surgeon who doesn't want to take care of bariatric patients!

Your best bet is to go to the website of our national organization, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons,(ASPS), and you can find a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area, and then call around.

It sounds like you are planning ahead, which is excellent. You will get your best result when you are close to your goal weight.

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.

Plastic surgery after lap band

+1

I recommend having a consultation with at least one board certified plastic surgeon. You can find local board certified plastic surgeons by visiting the websites of the American Board of Plastic Surgery (abplsurg.org), the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery.org), and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (surgery.org).

I hope that helps and wish you all the best.

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Bariatric patient

+1

A good resource is the american society of plastic surgery website

Most plastic surgeons are very capable of treating lap band patients for body contouring. Make sure your doctor is board certified by the american board of plastic surgery.

Michael Hueneke, MD