Would a Umbilicoplasy Surgery Help? (photo)

I have had 2 children but my stomach does not have much loose skin. My belly button did not go back in and there is loose skin just above below my belly button but not enough to pull for a tummy tuck. Would a umbilicoplasty help this? I would welcome a scar if it meant a better looking belly button

Belly button repair

+1

If you main concern is the belly button "outy", then yes, an umbilicoplasty would correct this and make it an "inny". You could then couple this with a nonsurgical skin tightening procedure such as Exilis to tighten the skin around the belly button. Since you don't mind a scar, a mini tummy tuck combined with umbilical float procedure might also do the trick.

To be sure what is best for you, see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Best wishes!

Would a Umbilicoplasy Surgery Help?

+1

This might give yu some improvement, but I am not sure that you wouldn't be better served by a tummy tuck. This can be better determined with a consultation and examination, but if I am correct, you would have a better outcome. All the best. 

Umbilicoplasty

+1

Umbilicoplasty could reduce the upper lip of skin and allow the belly button to be positioned at a deeper level.  This will not help any of the other stretchmarks or skin laxity.  If this is what you want, this is a straightforward outpatient procedure.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Would a Umbilicoplasy Surgery Help?

+1

Yes a umbilical platy would improve the "outy" appearance. But I love how you would not care about an un sightly scar in the bb area. Yes there will be a scar! 

Belly button

+1

Dear Sunshine,

Thanks for submitting your picture. From observing your picture the following can be noticed : Diffuse strech marks, large and redundent belly button, muscles laxity involving upper and lowe abdomen, loss of waist definition.  From my experience of over 25 years, the strech marks indicate also significant skin laxity. You can have umbilicoplasty , however, the result will be less than optimal. Your best option is a standard tummy tuck. This will give you a flat stomach from chest bone to pubic bone, a beautiful 'inni' belly button that can be made round or oval, narow waist and the majority of the strch marks will be eliminated. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs lots of tummy tucks and check the before and after pictures.

Dr Widder

:

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon