What is An Umbilicoplasty Procedure Like, and What is the Downtime?

I am a 37 yr old mom. I exercise on a regular basis and have reached my ideal weight of 120. I had an abdomen lipo 2 years ago to get rid of some lower ab pouch of fat that just wouldn't go away with regular exercise. My belly button after pregnancies wasn't perfect, but the 'outie' is way more noticeable now that my stomach is flat. I am new to Texas and would like to know what is the average cost for this procesure in Houston. Also, what is the procedure like and what is the down time.

Umbilicoplasty to correct 'outie'

+1

It appears you have accomplished your goal of a flat tummy!

An umbilicoplasty can correct the problem you are describing. It can be done under local anesthetic in the office for a minimal cost. There is no downtime with this procedure. You can resume your regular exercise routine as soon as 3 days after if you like. Keeping the wound clean and dry is most important.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicoplasty

+1

Hi, an umbilicoplasty is basically a repair of a distorted or deformed belly button. it can be a simple procedure or it can be more involved. in your case, I recommend that the whole abdomen be examined by a certifed plastic surgeon to find out if you need just that or a tummy tuck, which would include a belly button repair.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Umbilicoplasty

+1

An umbilicoplasty is a localized procedure to correct the shape/contour of the umbilicus; frequently, now we also see patients whose belly rings have distorted the shape or torn through.  GIven your photograph, your condition requires a more involved operation, likely a tummy tuck based on the bulge in the lower abdomen.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation who can explain your options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Umbilicoplasty for an "Outie"

+1

Because you have some loose skin from prior lipo and pregnancy, my guess is that you would need a tummy tuck to best restore the skin around your belly button. 

An umbilicoplasty is a much more limited procedure with a crescent-shaped scar aorund the belly button that can remove a small amount of skin. The recovery is only a few days, and the results are quite a bit more limited.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS