Would an Umbilicoplasty Be Appropriate to Repair a Damaged Belly Button from Rejecting a Peircing? (photo)

I am 25 and my belly button rejected peircing at age 16. I am super self conscious about it and would like to know what my options would be to fix this. I have lost 45 pounds as well had 2 children and would like to lose about 15 more pounds. What would the cost estimate be to fix something like this? And recovery time? Thank you in advance!

Removal of a piercing location

+2

Thank you for the question and photo.  Removal of a previous piercing location can be accomplished under local anesthesia and is a relatively inexpensive procedure.  Expect to pay around $500-750 in most areas of the country.  

Dr Remus Repta

Local anesthesia and a small procedure can correct a belly piercing gone awry.

+2

An abdominal skin abnormality the consequence of an umbilical piercing can be corrected by my procedure with local anesthesia only.

Umbilicoplasty?

+2

Usually a modest amount of skin can taken out above the belly button to address piercing issue.  The scar is usually very acceptable.

Would an Umbilicoplasty Be Appropriate to Repair a Damaged Belly Button

+2

It is hard to tell too much from this photo. However, the navel itself is not involved, rather the area about the navel, so umbilicoplasty is not the right word to use for this. On this view alone I can't quite tell what the problem is, and an in person exam would be needed to determine what sort of scar revision would be in order. Probably it would be done with local anesthesia, but cost could only be guessed based upon exam.  Thanks, best wishes. 

Belly Button Piercing - fixing scars

+1
Umbilicoplasty procedures are usually quite successful for revision of unsightly belly button piercing scars and deformities. It is performed as an office procedure using local anesthesia.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Umbilicoplasty for Belly Button Piercing Problem

+1

A small umbilicoplasty under local anesthesia will help your problem significantly. Since it is done in the office and is relatively minor, it is a very affordable procedure.

Sacha Obaid, MD