Would Umbilicoplasty Be a Good Option for Me? (photo)

I am 27. 5'4" and 115 lbs. I had a baby almost 2 years ago and was left with some stretched out, wrinkly skin right above my belly button. It goes maybe like a half inch high (right to where I previously had my belly button pierced)but it drives me insane. Would I be a good candidate for an umbilicoplasty? As you can see I am in good shape and don't have excess skin anywhere else.

Umbilicoplasty Candidate?

+2

Unfortunately, the picture is a little too distant to evaluate  the condition of the umbilicus.

Based on your description however it is likely that you will have a nice improvement with an umbilocoplasty  procedure.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Umbilicoplasty for excess skin just above navel

+2
Hi Trish,
Go for it! Looks like you will greatly benefit from it. What's great about this procedure is that you can have it done in the office under local anesthesia for a minimal fee. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicoplasty; is it the right choice?

+1

Trish, thank you for your quesiton. Most importantly, visit with your plastic surgeon, he/she will help direct your decision. The picture is difficult to assess, but my concern would be that given your previous pregnancy and "stretche out, wrinlkly skin" you could potentially have an umbilical hernia and or significant diastasis of your rectus muscles. If so, having a nicely shaped umbilicus will be difficult without repair of the underlying changes. Good luck and meet with your surgeon. Make sure you have realistic expectations. Dr. Renucci

John Renucci, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic belly button surgery?

+1

Yes, removal of some umbilical excess skin and rearranging the rest to restore your sexy belly button should be an office procedure under local anesthesia.  If you are very lean and thin, may be challenging (or impossible) to establish significant depth.

Steve Laverson, MD